Customs: Need help with Armada seeker mold...

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by SmokescreenSWE, Jan 18, 2008.

1. SmokescreenSWE

SmokescreenSWE Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm planning to repaint a seeker (Skywarp), but I'm kind of stuck. I can remove the arms and legs no problems, but the entire torso is seemingly held together by these weird screws on the front end of his shoulder cannons. I've tried unscrewing them but it doesn't work. Please tell me there is some way to take this guy apart without having to solder off pins!

At the very least I must remove the head or this repaint won't work at all. I'd prefer to get it open and get all the electronics out before I start spraying too...

2. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
  3. SmokescreenSWE

News Credits:
    Fantastic, doesn't seem too hard... I just need to find some kind of grinding bit for my drill so I can heat up those fake screws. Hope renewed!

Hmmm... I might even do the leg mod. I think there are some cheap Bionicles in the local store I could scavenge for ball joints...

4. clay

clay Well-Known Member

Yeah, I remember looking at that a couple of years ago and thinking, "that's impossible!"

Now it doesn't look too hard. Just intricate and time consuming.

5. SmokescreenSWE

News Credits:
    The torso parts pretty much are, I'm not gonna go to so much trouble for a backpack and folding wings (I want them where they are anyway) but the head and legs just require drilling stuff open and gluing in joints. Posability will suddenly be awesome for this guy.