Need Help with Altinators Optimus Prime

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by lordtigerhawk, Jul 20, 2010.

1. lordtigerhawk

lordtigerhawk Well-Known Member

Hey Guys I tried putting this thread on the Customs page but was not able to do So. I am at my last night of hope here. I pucked up a Altinators Optimus prime from this years botcon. From Alpha Prime Toys. I got the unit home and opened him up. Great piece, but during transformation his right driverside grill piece fell off. It seems that the screw they used was not long enough. I am looking for some help with repairing the unit or having some one do it for me. Or if they one has an old trashed prime with a good panel I can pick up off some one. I contacted Alpha and they said they did not have any more and had sold out. They suggested calling hasbro I did and once again due to the age of the unit, they don't have any parts eather. I really would like the keep the unit but are asking for it to be shipped back and I will get some type of credit for a new transformer item of equal value, but they can not tell me what it could be. I am hoping someone on the board here can help a fellow fan out.
    Thanks
    Lordtigerhawk :bowdown: 

2. jamspeed

jamspeed is so beast!

Ebay:
    You might want to try an electronics store like Radio Shack. They might have some tiny screws, or a small cheap part that has screws you can use.

3. Im No Hero

Im No Hero ze best reader

News Credits:
    id like to help but :useless 

4. Go-Faster-Wings

Go-Faster-Wings TFW2005 Supporter

Are you talking about the part that becomes the front of his right shoulder in robot mode?

5. lordtigerhawk

Yes as the Picture shows (I circuled it) this is the trouble spot I am speaking of. I can take a picture tonight and give you guys the full problem.

Attached Files:

6. katch26

katch26 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    did the grill just pop off or the whole thing including the black bracket?

7. lordtigerhawk

Just the screw holding the grill into place. Allowing for the Grill to swing in place during the transformation.

8. lordtigerhawk

Here are some pictures of the little stinker now.

Attached Files:

9. Angel Magnus

Angel Magnus Well-Known Member

The front bumper pieces aren't intended to be screwed completely into place because they're designed to pop off rather than snap off if they get too much pressure. As long as the black gasket thing pushes back into place and holds, that's a normal Alt Prime. For some Alt Primes they pop off easier than others, which is the same for Prime's doors, Grimlock's doors, Jazz's arms and Hound's rear tailgate. There are some Radicon custom figures which use that bumper behavior as a feature.

>AM<

10. lordtigerhawk

I tried that and it seems to be giving me some problems then. Wonder what is going on with it.