Need Help W/Action Figure Pin Removal

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Rod, Jan 5, 2007.

1. Rod

Rod No Silly Robot User Name

Anyone know how to remove the joint pins on DC SUPERHEROES 6 inch Figs? I've done TF before with varying degrees of sucsess but this is the first time I've tried to tackle Action Figures.
    If someone can point me to an online AF cutomizing resource similar to the one on this board, I'd really appreciate it.
    --- Rod

2. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

3. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ask away at the www.fwooshnet.com boards.

The standard procedure for popping apart action figure joints is the "boil and pop" (only for limb joints. Doesn't work on most joints attached to the torso, since the torsos are usually hard plastic, which doesn't soften at all. That, and the limb->torso joints are usually designed differently, and don't pop out easily without breaking). Essentially, submerge the pieces you want to separate in boiling water, which'll soften the plastic long enough to do the dirty work. Then take a screwdriver or something to punch the pin out.

Alternately, you could use a hairdryer to heat up the plastic, although since a hairdryer won't heat as evenly, it could damage the paint, if you're dealing with painted parts.

A quick dunk in cold water afterwards will firm the plastic up again.