Need help using an online store

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by NeilJam, Mar 20, 2007.

1. NeilJam

NeilJam Resident Audiophile

I always see links to cool stuff on Fan2Fan but don't understand how the ordering process works on that website. I'm used to sites where you click something and it goes into your cart, then you pay (or add more items then pay). Anytime I click to order something on Fan2Fan it opens up a MS Outlook window (a program I don't even use) to try to send an email. Am I just supposed to send orders via email or is the site not working properly on my PC?

2. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The "order link" on Fan2Fan is actually an email link - clicking on it simply opens your own personal email client so you can email Ryan what you want.

There's no cart system on F2F, so the ordering process is a bit antiquated... but the service is second to none!

3. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    How's their response time? I emailed them yesterday about something and haven't heard back yet, is that normal?

4. ams

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    In my experience, yes - it takes a couple of days to hear back.

5. NeilJam

NeilJam Resident Audiophile

Thanks for the help ams. The email didn't go through using the Outlook box that popped up on the site so I just tried emailing that address through Hotmail. Hopefully I hear back from them soon.

6. ams

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Keep in mind, that Outlook box isn't on their site... that's your own personal copy of Outlook on your PC. Whether you use it or not, it must be currently set as your default email client. In XP, you can change this to something else by opening Internet Explorer, then choosing Tools-> Internet Options and selecting the Programs tab.

But what you did by sending through hotmail was fine.

Hopefully Ryan will be sending my MP-05 and Sparkbots within the coming week! Woohoo!

7. flux convoy

flux convoy RIP Botcon.

Ebay:
    I used them once before and the service was very good. I had mentioned to them that their ordering system was a bit chaotic and I was told they were looking to change it then. This was a few years ago when the black RM figures were coming out.