Need help to sell Fansproject City Commander

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by kdo, May 22, 2011.

1. kdo

kdo Active Member

Edit( I added a sample of what my listing would look like, its on page 3 of this thread, let me know if I left anything out )

Hi,

I have a mint in opened box, legit, fansproject city commander.

It has everything that came in the box (plastic clam shell, unapplied stickers, comic, etc), and it comes with the missile upgrade kit.

I also have classics ultra magnus in good condition to go with it

The city commander was only ever opened once, transformed, then returned to box.

Here's my question.....
    Since i don't have any forum status here, what's the best way for me to try to sell this?

I have an ebay account, but i dont like the idea of them charging me $30 to sell it

thanks

Ps... i can post a pic, whats the command to insert pictures? .....noob question....lol

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      101 KB
      Views:
    • 2.GIF
      2.GIF
      File size:
      95.5 KB
      Views:
    • 3.GIF
      3.GIF
      File size:
      89.4 KB
      Views:
    • 4.GIF
      4.GIF
      File size:
      111.1 KB
      Views:
  2. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

Your just gonna have to put it out there. Hint; a good deal will convince the skeptics!

3. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    simply put an at one end of the picture and a corresponding /img] at the other end (with [included of course :) )

put up a notice advertising in the sell section of the site with a link to your ebay feedback and state your price or that you're open to offers.

4. kdo

kdo Active Member

Ive had an ebay account since 2003, with 100% feedback. People would make a deal with me on here, and then buy through ebay ?

O and to post that pic, it has to be hosted on a pic site like photobucket ?

5. nellie131

nellie131 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    just put up a posting on the for sale section on here with some pictures - a legit one will sell in no time im sure!

6. Seawing

Seawing Lurker of the depths Moderator

News Credits:
    First of all you don't have a mint figure. If it was "mint" it would be unopened and untouched by human hands (except those that put it in the box). You will get a lot of flak from the person who buys it and finds out it was opened.

To insert an image, you need a photobucket/imageshack/etc account to store the picture (which are free). Then copy the url from where the pic is and click on the yellow box with the mountains and sun in it. It is in the "go advanced" posting options. Place the url in the pop up and this site will fill in the [​IMG]

7. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

News Credits:
    you don't even need to host the picture on photobucket. you can host it here. just edit your first post, and down towards the bottom of your "editing" page there should be a "manage attachments" button. click on that, and in the little window that pops up you should be able to browse and put in the location of that picture. there's tutorials on the forum under the section of "tech help" to help you more with this.

8. Kuma Style

Kuma Style I'm boney. I'm boney; Leave me aloney! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Whenever I need extra money for something, I sell a CC for $350 shipped.

It's a good investment.

I have two left, and I pretty much think that's going to be my TFClub Devy fund.

It's an easy sell OP.

9. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

It seems you and I differ on our definition of "mint". That aside, as long as the OP puts lots of detail into the description along with as many photos as they can manage, it's an easy sell.

10. kdo

kdo Active Member

Ok... one more question...

I know ebay is currently going to charge its fees in June.

Do they currently charge any fees on shipping costs?

If i make a deal with someone on here, i could make shipping like $50 to avoid some fees it the buyer agrees.... is that possible?

11. Paladine

Paladine Well-Known Member

They don't charge fees related to shipping. That being said - do NOT increase shipping costs to avoid fees. It's shady and a dick move. It's also against eBay's terms of service.

Avoiding fees in general is shady. Be a man and pay the fees. You want the convenience of PayPal - you pay for it. You also can't pass fees onto the buyer - that is against PayPal's terms of service.

My advice to you, if you don't want to pay any fees, use $$$ or other non-electronic forms of payment. Electronic payment forms almost always have fees associated with them.

12. OCProwl

OCProwl Autobot Dad

News Credits:
    Sell it here. As a gesture of good faith, purchase tracking and insurance on behalf of the buyer. Someone will bite; it's CC we're talking about here. Like others have said, just put up pics and represent the item honestly.

Not having feedback isn't the end of the world - people buy from craigslist all the time and there's no feedback there.

13. kdo

kdo Active Member

Im not saying increasing the fees for the buyer....

Rather than selling for $360 + $20 shipping

I could sell for $310 + $50 shipping , thus the buyer and I saving money

If it was an instant transaction, would ebay even notice?

14. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You could always sell it on here. Just don't say it's mint, because unless it's MISB, it's not mint in the eyes of a hardcore collector. Just be warned that if you make a bum deal on here, you'll have a pretty bad reputation on here.

15. kdo

kdo Active Member

here's one last question.... say if i do sell it on here, get someone to pay me, then i ship it with the tracking and insurance. What if the guy is a scammer, can i be scammed out of my item and payment through pay pal ??

16. Kuma Style

Kuma Style I'm boney. I'm boney; Leave me aloney! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    No... on paypal you can attach the tracking number to the transaction. That tracking number which shows when you shipped it, how you shipped it, and even details liie insurance and confirmation. When that's available, Paypal pretty much always sides with the seller.

17. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

Insurance is the key here and tracking is paramount in your case.

18. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    a item can be mint even it it not is MISB.

If I take a item out and transform it once carefully, put it on display, keep the box safe and secure. Then decide to sell it I will state something along the following:

Cc commander for sale.
    Item is in mint condition, have been transformed once and then been on display, all parts and box are in mint condition.

I assure you a carefully looked out for item only transformed once or twice with care, you will never see the diffrence. The only thing is that it is not MISB and that is just a piece of tape.

TO the OP:

Just put up a sale thread in the BST forum and set your price ( you might get a few lowball offers. )
    1) Use paypal for payment
    2) Have it shipped tracked, cant be that much of $. I track some items myself when it is higher $ items just to cover my own arse. You never know who will scam you or not.

good luck.

19. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay does charge for shipping fees. they started a month or so ago. The did it so people didn't pull the $1 BIN & $300 s&h scam.

20. kdo

kdo Active Member

Transaction.... so they wouldnt just be putting money in my account? Id have to make an invoice or something on pay pal? And to include tracking in the transaction.... id have to go to the post office prior to the sale, get a tracking number, but dont ship it until im paid ?