Customs: Need help removing Leader Prime's Head

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Xan7hos, Aug 27, 2007.

1. Xan7hos

Xan7hos Member

Hi, I'm working on my first TF custom, a leader Prime, and I'm having trouble removing his head. I'm trying to add a neck joint, but it's giving me a lotta problems. I removed the screw in the back of his head, and attempted to pry the head open, but there seems to be something else thats holding it together. Please, any info would be help, and thanks!

2. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    You have to dismantle the entire torso. The head is held together underneath the silver section that slids it up and down.

3. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    You have to dismantle the entire torso. The head is held together underneath the silver section that slids it up and down.

4. JinSaotome

JinSaotome Banned

Ebay:
    Speaking of this, I can't find the freaking screwholes to take the torso apart. I'm missing something.

5. JinSaotome

JinSaotome Banned

Ebay:
    Speaking of this, I can't find the freaking screwholes to take the torso apart. I'm missing something.

6. Xan7hos

Xan7hos Member

oh dear. Yeah, I only see two screws in the rear, but I highly doubt that those two are holding the whole thing together. I might just end up removing his head guillotine style.

7. Xan7hos

Xan7hos Member

oh dear. Yeah, I only see two screws in the rear, but I highly doubt that those two are holding the whole thing together. I might just end up removing his head guillotine style.

8. BumbleB

BumbleB Active Member

News Credits:
    You have to take the top of the smokestacks out and remove the long pins that go all the way down(tricky!). Then there is a little pin at the bottom holding the back grey pieces to the torso

9. BumbleB

BumbleB Active Member

News Credits:
    You have to take the top of the smokestacks out and remove the long pins that go all the way down(tricky!). Then there is a little pin at the bottom holding the back grey pieces to the torso

10. ErechOveraker

ErechOveraker I'm with Plowking.

News Credits:
    Yeah the torso is a major pain. Unless you're hellbent on changing the leds, I'd just work around it (if I was gonna paint him again, that is).

11. ErechOveraker

ErechOveraker I'm with Plowking.

News Credits:
    Yeah the torso is a major pain. Unless you're hellbent on changing the leds, I'd just work around it (if I was gonna paint him again, that is).

12. Xan7hos

Xan7hos Member

Actually I'm trying to give Prime a neck for more articulation. I think i might end up sawing his head off - I'm not too concerned with the LED, since I plan on painting his eyes. Thanks so much for the advice everyone!

13. Xan7hos

Xan7hos Member

Actually I'm trying to give Prime a neck for more articulation. I think i might end up sawing his head off - I'm not too concerned with the LED, since I plan on painting his eyes. Thanks so much for the advice everyone!