Need help remembering an early 90's robot model...

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by LoC Soundwave, Aug 5, 2009.

1. LoC Soundwave

LoC Soundwave 俺の魂は燃えていない!

News Credits:
    For christmas either 1994 or 95 my mother gave me a motorised model kit of a blue robot. During the last years I've been trying to find out more about it and possibly find a new one, but since I can't remember the name of the line it's nearly impossible to find anything.
    If anyone remembers or knows anything about this line, I'd be VERY thankfull!

This is what I remember about the kit.

• It was made by Tomy (at least I think it was Tomy) back in the early-ish 90's
    • The particular one I had was blue, but there were several available. One was darker and had Wolverine-esque claws on its forearms. (I remember wanting that one badly as a kid, :lol )
    • It was very Zoids like in construction, with the small rubber-caps for joints and such. It would also walk very slowly when you switched the motor on.
    • It had amazingly articulated arms and the shoulder pads looked a lot like those on Samus Aran. It also came with a large, black rifle with a removable bayonett.

That's pretty much all I remember about it. Again, if anyone knows anything that might make it easier to find out anything about them, I'd very much appreciate it :) 

2. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
  3. LoC Soundwave

LoC Soundwave 俺の魂は燃えていない!

News Credits:
    Wow! That's it! :D  Thanks!

4. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    Glad I could help. I instantly knew what you were talking about because I also had one way back when. But IIRC it disappeared from the shelves pretty quickly.

5. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I also remember these guys. There were only 10 ever made, 5 good and 5 evil, plus a mail away premium.

There was also a Japanese version of the line with different styles of mecha, some extra characters that did not get released in the west and the like. One of them was a really cool upgrade of the main hero mecha Hardware.

6. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I also remember these guys. There were only 10 ever made, 5 good and 5 evil, plus a mail away premium.

There was also a Japanese version of the line with different styles of mecha, some extra characters that did not get released in the west and the like. One of them was a really cool upgrade of the main hero mecha Hardware.