Need Help Pricing my TF collection.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by ScrapletsDevour, Sep 27, 2010.

1. ScrapletsDevour

ScrapletsDevour New Member

To anyone who can help me !!!

I am trying to sell my collection of original 80's Transformers and Gi.Joes.

Is there an online source that helps you figure what they are worth ?

If anyone could help me, please post up here or send an email to me

at VOICEOVERGIGS@aol.com

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

I suggest two things. Check ebay for the same toy's that you are selling and go by the average price.
    Post them for sale here in the sale-threads.

3. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    This is probably the best suggestion. If you're not sure what a particular toy is called, you can check the resources section here or tfu.info for a complete listing of G1 toys and more importantly what accessories they came with.

4. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    The question has been answered with the best answer possible.

5. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

I know it's a bit overblown, but I use an excel spreadsheet to catalogue my collection. Each item has my opinion of the ninimum and maximum value of that figure. At the end I have each of those figures totalled up to provide an estimated minimum and maximum value for the entire collection.

How did I get these values? Basically it was just a combination of things: what I bought it for in the first place; how well similar figures perform on the secondary market etc.
    For secondary market information you're best bet is eBay. Even if you don't like what the TFs you own are going for on there, it is by far the most realistic and up to date guide.
    Look at completed listings mainly is my advice.

Don't forget though, that the secondary market is volatile and what something is worth one day it might be worth half or double that the next! As long as you are able to come up with some ballpark numbers to aim for then either list them for sale on here or go straight to eBay. It's up to you (although I don't want to turn this into an eBay vs Junkion thread).