Need help: Oversized KO G2 Brawl?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Pavol Palat, Jan 19, 2010.

1. Pavol Palat

Pavol Palat Palatinus

News Credits:
    Hi guys,

digging through my brother's forgotten toy chest I found this thing:
    KO G2 Brawl - a set on Flickr

Dates back to 1990s and I believe it's one of those oversized KOs, but I have not seen it in G2 colors. It comes with the big rear cannons and I pretty confident the smaller gun was also included in the original packaging but now it's missing.

Due to money shortage I would like to sell it, but is it worth something at all?

2. megamus

megamus Overworked and Underpaid Veteran

News Credits:
    I had the whole set and to be honest mine did not come with the smaller gun. The whole set goes for pretty good money. Individually Vortex is the hardest to find as the blades tend to break easily, I would say you could get $20 or so for it.

3. Blitzwing256

Blitzwing256 Triple changer

theres also two versions of the set i found out (the individual carded and boxed set versions are slightly differnt)

I picked up a couple carded blast offs at botcon a few years back for 5$ each, but considering how scarece they are now, 20$ isn't an unreasonable price for an incomplete one, i'd be interested in it myself (especialy if you could find the gun)

4. ninety

ninety NERDS!!

News Credits:
    The small gun doesn't fit in his hand anyway, it would need modded. Both my boxset, and individually carded ones came with all the respective Combaticons original accessories.

As megamus says, Vortex's blades are commonly broken, one of mine is. I've never seen another Onslaught for sale though, similar to the giant G1 KO.

There are various recolours of these from China, the Korean ones have differing paint apps depending on being carded or boxed.

Here's some info on them:

SKORBIA-Crazysteve's South Korean Bootleg Information Archive

And a few pics:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I'm tempted by him, I'd be able to finish my Brawlicus, but I'm going to pass:

[​IMG]

- Likes G2 Bruticus.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2010
  5. Blitzwing256

Blitzwing256 Triple changer

nice, I was trying to complete a blastofficus, just need one more now.

6. Pavol Palat

Pavol Palat Palatinus

News Credits:
    Thanks guys. The toy came carded with instructions on the back; the dual cannons as well as the smaller guns were included, but not the foot for Bruticus.

It is for sale, I guess I will put it on eBay next week.

7. Sound Blaster

Sound Blaster Shattered Glass World

I saw in your post that you had more than one or some doubles of your g2/g1 bruticus...Are they for sale/trade?

:drool: 

8. ninety

ninety NERDS!!

News Credits:
    I'm afraid not, I have a crazy dream of troop building them, it's been a slow process so far.

I got the boxset with an extra Brawl from the same seller, the other four limbs I got on ebay for about $20 shipped. I'm still looking for the smaller, but still oversize G1 Bruticus, it's better quality, and almost perfect scale with G1 cars.

9. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

I have the orange and green and desert camo os Brawls. Also have that Onslaught, Vortex and Swindle.

Anyone else notice that camo and orange/green Brawl have Swindle;s head?

I have the G1 Korean version. Love it to bits but be warned, Blast Off anf Vortex' shoulders break very easily. Blast Off broke the first time I transformed him. Fortunately blue tack holds him them together satisfactorily in all modes.

Just wish the manufacturers made Defensor and Menasor too.