Need help/opinions....weirdness be going on!!!! Musicians...enter!

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by NemesisPrime, Nov 12, 2007.

1. NemesisPrime

NemesisPrime Banned

I've recently decided to launch a custom drum company. I'm working on building my gallery of custom drums up and I need ideas.

Being a transfan, I've decided one of the first custom snares I'm going to do is transformer themed.

That was the easy part...

Which characters should I use? That's the clincher. Should I go with autobot? Decepticon? A battle scene? I've only got 6.5 inches (which is plenty) in depth and 14 inches in circumference to work with.

If you guys can help me, I'd appreciate it. I'm not spamming my company, so don't worry. Hell it's not even off the ground yet... I'm just needing some ideas.

2. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    Thats bad ASS dude....I take it by the dimensions you're doing it for a snare? If that's the case I'd vote for a battle scene.

When you get things rolling with your company let me know...you can never have enough snares in your arsenal and I'd love one with the Dinobots on it.

3. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    Shockwave... Maybe BB from the movie...

4. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

Is it possible to do Unicron for around the drum, them custom drum heads for the top and bottom? Maybe Primus or Cybertron. An Allspark design? G1 Optimus in vehicle mode? Write "to rock and roll..." on the sticks, as well

5. NemesisPrime

NemesisPrime Banned

So many excellent ideas. :D 

The custom heads for a snare wouldn't work, because I'd actually take it out when my band does shows and show it off....by playing it.

6. NemesisPrime

NemesisPrime Banned

Yeah...the snare is going to be the experimental "scene" design. :) 

I'm already calling the base shells protoforms... :) 

heh heh...shell program...

7. ORIO

ORIO Team Sentinel Prime Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Autobots... Transform and rock out!!!

I woud absolutely LOVE a snare that's Transformer themed. But I play on a 10x5 snare. Any future considerations for that?
    I'd very much be interested.

And what kind of wood are you goin to be using?

I love the idea of the Dinobots. A lot of Don's work would be awesome. Maybe some Beast Wars love or something.

A snare with a black stain with a bright red Autobot symbol on the side would be cool too. Or Decepticons...

So many possibilities!! Makes me think of John Dolymayan's set from System. The one with the Hulk and Batman and stuff on it.

8. NemesisPrime

NemesisPrime Banned

I'm working with maple for now, but can get birch, and even acrylic. Acrylic is going to take some sample work for me to get comfortable with.

In maple my shell sizes go from 6x6 - 16x18 (6ply), 6x6 - 16x28 (8ply) and 3x13 - 16x14 (10ply). (That's in depth x diameter) So yes...I could hook you up with a 10x5, but it'd be in 8 ply. I might be able to get it in ten ply, but if you're playing at 10x5 anyway, I'm sure you want a higher tone.:D 

The sky is pretty much the limit with these. My friend's an artist who does tattoos, paints, and everything in between is jumping in with me. He can do any style, and copy any pictures, but loves free hand work. I carry a lot of work on my arms and legs.

Here's some of what I have on me:

He drew these in an hour by looking at the insiginias in my scrap book.
    [​IMG]

Step two of a sleeve. (6 hours in..)Covered up a tattoo design that was ripped off, and also covering up some hideous athroscopy scars.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Woah...sorry...i'm not meaning to hawk my wares... :) , but this did give me in idea for a possible contest down the road. :D 

9. ORIO

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yes. My bandmates refer to my snare as "The drum that makes their teeth hurt".

I love this idea. But i'm a drummer nerd and a transformer nerd so...

Really though... anything by Don would look amazing on a drum.

PM me or hit up my myspace links below and keep me informed on this project. Interested to see what turns out.

EDIT:Nice ink btw... my myspace page has a few pics of my Grimlock tat

10. DJ Soundwave

DJ Soundwave Action Figure Master

I take it your doing a wood snare right ? not Steel.

11. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Would go with Starscream. He's already a favorite among many musicians, like DJ Starscream from Slipknot.
    Plus chicks dig him, and chicks dig drummers....

Soundwave would be cool for a beat machine/synth or something

Boombox would be an interresting choice

12. ORIO

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    They do???

:) 

13. NemesisPrime

NemesisPrime Banned

I've got wood shells, and I'm working on getting acrylic shells next. I'd really like to get some bell brass shells if there is an interest. I've got a really good idea for it, It's just going to be a pain the ass to execute.

14. NemesisPrime

NemesisPrime Banned

They better not!!! My four year old girl is a drummer in the works. I'll chris hansen their ass!

15. NemesisPrime

NemesisPrime Banned

The website should be up by the end of the week, and I've decided I'm going to do a tutorial snare with pictures to show my process. I think I've decided on the good ol' g1 box art background. Autobot Grid. After finding the images I needed to make my business cards..it just popped out. :D 

This might actually be my first SERIES of drums. I'm already sketching and skeeming ideas for a CHAOS BRINGER model which was brought up in the thread.

Oh, and send me your exacting spec's via pm and lings to some of the artwork you'd like to see. Would you like a paint or a wrap? (I'll send more specs of what I have to offer soon.

I wonder if I'll get sued? :D 

16. Reeds

Reeds Q-Wing Pilot TFW2005 Supporter

I was thinkin of TFs actually drumming, connecting the graphics to the snare more. Like Soundwave beating on a snare and toms all being held by his cassette kids, all bracing against the weight of his hits.

But am interested in seeing how yours turns out. good luck with it!

17. NemesisPrime

NemesisPrime Banned

I'm compiling a list of ones to do. I'm definitely adding that to the list! :D