Need help on masterpiece collection!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by DecepticonBrony, Oct 5, 2012.

1. DecepticonBrony

DecepticonBrony Well-Known Member

Hi everypony this is my first thread so if im doing it wrong sorry in advance. I'm in need of serious advice. Ive been in a masterpiece craze the past couple of months. Ive picked up mp-9 mp-10 mp-11 rodimus and thundercracker and have all the new masterpieces preordered. I leave for basic training on nov 5 and want to get my transformer fix before i leave society for 3 months. I've been debating if I should pick up mp-8 grimlock now since all he's been doing is rising in price or the trio of Igear coneheads since I don't see takara releasing these guys in the near future and it seems igear has stopped producing them which may lead them to go way up in price in the future. I guess my question is which one do you guess think will be harder to get in the future and which one should I consider getting now. Thanks!

2. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    I'd pick up Grimmy. His price seems to be constantly rising and I doubt it'll get a third re-release (fourth if you count the comic colours one).

3. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    iGear Coneheads. One can only assume the production run on those is smaller than an official MP run. Also, because the Coneheads were 3rd party one can assume that the hardcore fans bought those which means they are less likely to go up for sale. Grimlock was a general release and thus casual fans had an easier time obtaining him thus I gather you will see more of those on eBay vs the Coneheads.

My opinion may be swayed by the fact that I own Takara Grimlock and really want the Coneheads.

4. MoonStreakr

MoonStreakr Heroic Decepticon

News Credits:
    Everypony

5. wildfly

wildfly Fermenting pork tube.

News Credits:
    Tough choice.

Coneheads may have lower numbers overall?

6. Genetic

Genetic Morg Than Meets the Eye

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    My advice is to not use the term "pony" once you're in basic, or anytime thereafter.

7. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Definitely Grimlock. Granted, we don't THINK TakaraTomy are going to make the coneheads, but there is still the slim possibility they might.

8. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    Please, god, tell me you did not refer to us as "everypony" because if that wasn't a bizarre typo, I'd really, really want to slap you.

But anyway, Grimlock is a necessity to any Masterpiece collection. He's probably the best one released, especially the Takara version with its awesome cartoon stuff. In regards to the 3rd party coneheads; I personally do not like 3rd parties at all and I think your money would be better spent on the likes of MP Megatron or just on the various cassetes.

9. Swoop

Swoop Well-Known Member

Grimlock. If you have mp11 and TRU thundercracker, do you need three more variations on the same mould rather than an all new one?

10. DecepticonBrony

Lol of course it was a bizarre typo! Same thing happened when I created my user name. It was supost to be DecepticonHomie :p  lol anyways I appreciate the comments I'm kinda leaning towards grimlock since i like the way the masterpiece line is going but damn those cone heads look fine

11. tb-1599

tb-1599 Well-Known Member

what branch of service are you going into?

12. DecepticonBrony

Marine corps

13. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    There's a rumor that TakaraTomy does intend to make the Coneheads at some point. However, there's many other characters to do before we get there, if this is the case.

My advice is to shop around for a Grimlock and get one for a price that is reasonable to you. If you can't do that, I don't see the harm in waiting either.

14. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Also, I wish you well in basic training! :) 

15. DecepticonBrony

Thanks man :)  I'm really excited and would leave for basic right now if they'd let me go earlier but man am I gonna miss transformers In general always loved it since I was a kid but time to grow up a lil I guess.

16. OptimusLove14

OptimusLove14 Well-Known Member

Definitely Grimlock. His price is going to skyrocket over the next few months for sure, as most masterpieces usually do