Heavy/Scratch: Need help macking joints for a spy changer combiner!

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by starshooter8, Mar 10, 2009.

1. starshooter8

starshooter8 AutoCon

Im working on a spy changer combiner and i need help making joints for the combiner. The combiner will have 5 spy changers. I need advice on shoulder joints knee and hip joints. Im also working on a knockoff Devastator combiner.
    Im having trouble keeping Scrapper as the leg. I need advice on how to make a hook up for Scrapper too.

Attached Files:

2. Nemesis Predaking

Nemesis Predaking Offical Enforcer WTF@TFW Veteran

News Credits:
  3. dsn1014

dsn1014 41:75:74:6f:62:6f:74

That sounds like a cool idea man, something like these gestalts would be awesome ducking it out with G1 Metroplex.

To create a nice torso have you thought of using a nice basic such as Cybertron Armorhide, or will it be all spychangers?

Well he's gonna be small, but there'll be lots in the tutorial Ptitvite put up. I've been thinking about this and perhaps if his configuraton would be the direction you're going then maybe a Voyager class toy would give you the lower legs and torso. For the arms connecting the shoulder connection I'd say neo shifter joints, then as your using spychangers you probably have less space to add connections. So maybe adding a small piece of metal to the underside of the figure and a magnet to the arm for attachment could be tidy. Forearm could also be lifted from a voyager figure. Though I've been looking at which figure would suit best and I haven't found one yet with suitable proportions.

So this is 2 combiners you're making? A knockoff Devastator as well? I can only suggest the same again for you, I've not attempted a combiner, so I could be way off.

Good luck with whatever you come up with.

4. alanyap

alanyap Will work for LEGO

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Sounds like a good "joint venture" .

Have you considered using LEGO parts? some of their hinges are just right for its size you are looking for.

5. Bruticus82

Bruticus82 Well-Known Member

Yeah, lego, particularly, bionicle, technic, exoforce, or Knight's Kingdom (the big knights, about the size of bionicles) usually all have joints. If you can find a set that has "ratcheting" joints (they click and hold in place) instead of regular ball joints that will add even more stability.

Depending on the set you get, you might have to do some cutting of the joints to get them down to "just the joint" or not. I found an exoforce set that had lots of small ratcheting joints. The Knight's Kingdom ones tend to be molded onto larger pieces. If you're cutting be careful! We don't want any lost fingertips - it can be hard cutting small pieces.

Also neoshifters (lego substitute) can be good.

6. starshooter8

starshooter8 AutoCon

i think lego parts will work nicely for the shoulders and knees. ill half to dig through my transformers and find a torso and hips. thanks for the segetions.