Need help in choosing a Prime

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Sportimus, Jan 18, 2009.

1. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I am trying to decide on getting one of these three G1 Primes:

1. 25th Prime
    2. Encore Prime
    3. Music Label Prime

25th Prime is great, and comes with a lot of neat stuff. But his short stacks and different shade of blue bothers me as it takes away from being a "true" Prime like the original.

Encore is great as he is in his truest original form, but is super-expensive

Music Label Prime is nice, but the head got remolded. Most expensive of the 3, but offers a lot in terms of ability to play music.

Can anyone post pics comparing the heads of G1 Prime to ML Prime? I'd like to see the differences. Also, can anyone post pics comparing G1 Prime to 25th Prime?

I already have an original G1 Prime. I was thinking of getting a nice minty one (even though the one I have is pretty much near mint). Maybe a little variation isn't a bad thing then?

Also, is it hard to change the stacks from short to long? I don't want to break the darn thing. How has the short stacks affected you? In other words, can you live with it? Or does it bother you?

Thanks. :) 

2. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

If you want to keep one mint then Encore is the Prime for you. It is the "truest" incarnation of the original.

No, the stacks aren't hard to change out as long as you keep track of all the little parts in that upper arm.

3. 0ptimus__Prime

0ptimus__Prime Autobot Commander

News Credits:
    Here's Music Label Convoy

[​IMG]

Here's the Comm. Series Prime
    [​IMG]

I have the 25th ann. version but the smoke stacks are the same size. and he's a really good figure.
    And no the short stacks dont bother me at all.

4. Waverider

Waverider Supreme Dude TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I agree, the 25th ann. Prime is a great figure. Especially since it's $34.99 at JCPenny.

5. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

I'd go with Encore. You get the proper trailer, and the proper head. 25th can be had cheaper, but the colors are just weird. It has a pink cab, and a light gray trailer.

6. Waverider

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't see it being pink. A light red yes but not pink. But if you can afford it go for the encore if you want a truer detail. I have all 3 and the short stacks and color doesn't bother me.

If you can really afford it find a MP Prime or a 20th Prime.

7. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Not quite so "true". there are changes. His blue is now metallic, the shade of red is slightly different, and there are quite a few QC problems with the figure (all wave 1 encore figures have that problem).

8. juise

juise TFW2005 Token Negro

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Encore!

I have both the encore and the 25th. I'm much happier with my Encore Prime. I like the new molded head for the music label, but I could care less for the iPod dock. My iPod never leaves my car anyways.

9. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Already have one. :) 

Really? should I be worried then if I get one on ebay then? Who knows how long the seller had theirs, it could be a defective one? It's hard to notice he has a metallic blue in the pics. Interesting. The QC issues is a worry considering how much they are.

I don't have an iPod, but I plan on getting one for around the house/town, and one for the car. Thought an ML Prime would be kind of a fun gimmick for it, maybe.

10. unmc2001

unmc2001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would go with Encore too. What kills 25th Prime is the trailer. It does not look good.

11. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    i have the encore and i just picked up the 25h yesterday.. the 25th is alright, and it IS cheaper and comes with extra stuff.. but if u really want an original prime, get the encore.. its up to u
    EDIT: and coming to think of it, the short smokestacks DO bother me

12. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    I've seen the 25th Prime and I would avoid it at all costs, his cab is almost pink and looks awful. Encore is probably your best bet, though if your willing to spend the cash I personally really like the Music Label Convoy.

13. Waverider

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  14. jourdo

jourdo TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Go for the Encore.

15. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Go Encore. he's really awesome and the colours are just perfect. I haven't had QC problems with any of my Encore minus Starscream who I'm pretty sure I just broke as I accidently dropped him trying to get the fucker out of his box.

The trailer and light red (not pink, but a pretty light shade) of 25th Prime kill him dead for me. Music label is a massive peice of crap and the head is just all kinds of dumb on that body.

16. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    hmm, does Encore have a turning head? cause if so, get it-i know 25th doesnt have a movable head-locked looking forward...

or i screwed up. anyone know which one?

17. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If price is an issue, go with the 25th because it seems to be on clearance at several places now. I don't know why people say it looks pink; it's a different shade of red, but hardly pink. I look at it, and at no time do I think 'hmm, when did I buy Breast Cancer Awareness Prime?' Classics Skywarp's purple looks more 'pink' than 25th Prime. It's not as dark a red, but it's still red.

If you want a Prime that's as close to the original as possible, get the Encore (or even the TC, if you can afford that sucker); that one has his axe and the 25th Prime doesn't because Hasbro's too lazy to put it in theirs for some reason.

18. flywheels

flywheels Decepticon Assault Team Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Encore is the way to go IMO.

19. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    I donno, regardless of what color it is the new 25th Prime still looks like they sat him out in the sun for a couple of days before leaving the factory.

20. convoymagnus

convoymagnus Yeshua Is Mashiach.

Ebay:
    do you really want something good?? then buy Neither of those three , save your money and get the original 2000 convoy reissue from takara(i have seen some of these go for as low as $60.00 in the past 3 months), this is the best and closest thing to G1, after that reissue, they remolded it a lot (thrust me I have the original gray prime, the 2000 reissue and the tfcollection reissue, the best is the 2000). just need patience and time to search in ebay!!