Need help identifying Transforming Toy

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Mega-Prime, Sep 18, 2006.

1. Mega-Prime

Mega-Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've been scouring the net forever trying to find a toy that I was very fond of as a kid, but haven't seen again since.

I got this toy about 20 - 22 years ago.

It was a really cool concept: There were two seperate spaceships that transformed into the top, (Head, Chest & Arms), & bottom, (Waist & Legs) of a single robot. One ship was short & bulky while the other was abit longer & leaner.

The robot was primarily white & had a sword, (He might have come with a shield too, but I'm not sure).

I can't remember exactly what the figure itself looked like, but I think it was sort of Gundam-ish.

Anybody have a clue what this toy might be?

2. Matrix Soul

Matrix Soul Skull 4 reporting in!

News Credits:
  3. Mega-Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Holy Crap,

I don't think that's the exact figure, since I remember that the sword was white, but it look's pretty damn close.

4. Mega-Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The more I look at it, the more I think that's the one.

I remember I lent it to a "friend" who wanted to play with it during recess back in 1st or 2nd grade. He brought it back fifteen minutes later completely busted & broken. I bawled my eyes out for like half an hour. :( 

I never did forgive him for that.

On a slightly different note, it look's like getting another one will cost me a pretty penny: http://cgi.ebay.com/BIO-MAN-DX-BIOMAN-BANDAI-GODAIKIN-COMPLETE-RARE-1984_W0QQitemZ140027198916QQihZ004QQcategoryZ2662QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I should get the dude who broke my original one to go buy a replacement on Ebay. LoL :D 

Thanks for the help Matrix Soul. :thumb 

5. Matrix Soul

News Credits:
    Damn, I did that to a friend of mine when I was a kid, it was the God Mars figure though, it's not you is it? :D 

6. Mega-Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    LoL,

Nah, I think you're safe. :D 

As far as the figure, I'm now almost 100% convinced that is the one I had. Those two ships just look too familiar. Either I was thinking of a different figure's sword or I completely wore the chrome off it down to the white plastic underneath. :lol 

Or another possibility is that it might have been a bootleg?

Anyway, it was a cool toy while it lasted, (All of about 1 month :throw ).

7. Matrix Soul

News Credits:
    I believe the chrome got chipped off or something, I had that figure when I was a kid and that happened to me