Need help getting on XBox Live

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by MasterOfPuppets, Sep 17, 2007.

1. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Banned

My internet connection is through a wireless router. My 360 is not in the same room as my router or I would just plug the Ethernet net cable in. Is buying the wireless adapter my only option? I tried plugging the Ethernet cable into the back of my computer which is connected to the internet and it didn't work. Any advice guys?

2. Maverick Hunter Christian

Maverick Hunter Christian Choke on that, causality!

News Credits:
    Run the ethernet cable from your 360 to your computer. Go into your network connections, highlight your wireless connection and your ethernet adapter, right click and hit 'Bridge Connections'

Things'll shuffle around a bit, but you should then have a Network Bridge section in your Connections which'll include your wireless adapter, wired adapter and the bridge between them.

If y'have any trouble; hit up this guide for Bridging Connections:
    http://www.xboxlivetheguide.co.uk/XBoxLiveTheGuide3.php?title=How do I setup Bridging

After that's all setup, go into your 360's dashboard, test out your Live Connection.

3. Shipley

Shipley No Topic Required

News Credits:
    try not to be actively doing anything on your computer when you bridge that connection. lag that can be avoidable, should be.

4. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Banned

I tried the Network bridging and I've been tinkering with this for a while now but I still can't get it connected. When I go to do a connection test, sometimes it'll fail the MTU or the ICMP. I don't even know what these mean and when I click "more info" I just get a blank screen. Furthest it got was XBox Live then it failed.

5. smangerbot

smangerbot The Holy Zombie Jesus TFW2005 Supporter

if you're connecting your xbox to your pc to get online, don't you need to enable internet connection sharing?

6. Maverick Hunter Christian

Maverick Hunter Christian Choke on that, causality!

News Credits:
    I was having the same problems when I first tried, in the end, I had to get a new router. Sucked, but still cheaper than their wireless adapter.

7. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Banned

And how would one go about this in a simple walkthrough without hard to understand lingo?

8. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Banned

Well I've gotten connected... it isn't very stable. I think I might just have to grab the wireless adapter sooner or later.