Customs: need help g 1 ultra magnus

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by viper3d, Oct 3, 2009.

1. viper3d

viper3d Member

does anyone have a good way to take the front tires of ultra magnus want to have him rechromed. does anyone know someone who will rechrome the pieces?

2. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    well, I know that bombatron will rechrome stuff for you. as for how to take the front tires off, i got nothing for ya. how did you try the soldering iron method??

3. OldsCut78

OldsCut78 Laser Rod

Getting the tires off is hard. I gave up on mine. If you want to, remove the tire, tape the truck up and paint the wheel with chrome paint.

4. triune3n1

triune3n1 Die-cast/plastic addict

I agree with the above. I'm in the process of repainting mine and I ended up taking the whole cab apart, with alot of headaches. The axle to the front wheels has the outer collets on it and then on the inside of the chrome legs there is a Brass collet for the springs. Trying to get the outer collet off nearly caused the two cab pieces to collapse on themselves almost ruining one side. Soooo, tape, tape, tape. Do not attempt to take this apart or you'll be in the position I'm in with trying to put the UM back together without marring my paint job. Good luck and wish me luck.