Customs: Need help from you LED Veterans!

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by X5452, Sep 2, 2009.

1. X5452

X5452 Cylons get no respect!!

Ok so I'm working on my first LED setup in a custom! I have them mounted and I have a battery supply and waiting to get my battery holder in the mail but I'm kinda stomped on a switch to power them on and off! So all you LED veterans what are you using or what can you suggest?? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

2. Hakka

Hakka Well-Known Member

You can use pretty much anything you want. I just went for the smallest rocker switch I could find.

If you want to hide it you can use a reed switch inside the figure and activate it by placing a small magnet on the outside of the figure.

Go to radio shack or somewhere like that and see what they have, its hard to get an idea of size from pics.

Hakka.

3. Bern

Bern Pathetic fools!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've harvested dozens of tiny momentary switches (press for on, release for off) from two old VCRs I had in storage. All those buttons, Play, Stop, Rewind, etc, has a button switch, so I pulled the boards out and heated up the ol' soldering iron to set them free.

I'm a big fan of re-purposing parts and stuff I have...so I can say, "yeah my transformers have VCR parts." Lol.

4. Zildjian

Zildjian Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Go to dollar tree and look for the light up spinning tops. $1.00 for 2 od them and they come with a spectacular, and more important, small slide switch.

5. encline

encline customizer of love TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    radio shack has really tiny slide switches. I cleared all the shacks out in my area of those things!! They also have the 3volt coin battery holders if need be for like $1.00

6. X5452

X5452 Cylons get no respect!!

Thanks everyone for the info! But I found this place online that has some decent stuff for really good prices so I'm going to share. www.allelectronics.com they have some really small slide switches for decent prices and battery holders also. I got my stuff pretty quick but in CA and only a couple cities away so that has something to do with it!

7. mrclean08

mrclean08 G1 FOR LIFE

^^ Agreed with David.

Those holders work great; they hold lithium CR 1220 batteries that you can get at any electronic store. Small enough to hide in robot heads and long enough to supply power.

[​IMG]