Need help from anyone.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Razorblaze, Dec 8, 2008.

1. Razorblaze

Razorblaze God of Thunder TFW2005 Supporter

Alright people, here's my deal. I just heard on my local news yesterday that the city of Louisville will be closing down one of our biggest parks on January 1st. The park I speak of is Otter Creek Park. Why does this upset me? Well, Otter Creek Park is where I've spent a majority of my childhood and teens on camping trips with family and friends. I still go there every weekend to hike the trails and see the animals there.

What really upsets me is that our Mayor says that the closing of this park is an effort to help offset a projected $20 million city budget shortfall this fiscal year because it loses about $500,000 annually. Well, I say that's a load of crap. Camping there isn't that expensive, and i am sure the hiking doesn't cost anything on them either, except maybe to maintain the trails. Which still can't be all that much. And our city doesn't really need *another* basketball arena. Our city needs it's parks. Not more space for another eyesore.

I have joined with others in starting a petition to keep this from happening. I'll be turning it in to the city two weeks from now to meet the deadline of the closing of Otter Creek Park. Even though the city's decsion is final, we still have time to change their minds. Please sign my petition if you want to show your support. Thank you.

Save Otter Creek Park Petition : [ powered by iPetitions.com ]

2. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

I'll sign!!

3. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Can er, a non-US citizen sign?

4. Spekkio

Spekkio Master of War

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Have you contacted your state or national representatives? This page will help you find your representatives. Call them or e-mail them.

Also...a park, right? You might contact an environmental organization like the Sierra Club for backup on this.

5. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

signed

6. GW_Freak

GW_Freak Banned

Internet Petitions?! Shouldn't you be out with a long sheet of people getting real local signatures?

7. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    /\ This.

Online petitions don't do jack, even less so for something like this. The city council isn't going to give a flip about what random people on the internet say about it.

You need to go door-to-door in your town if you expect to make ANY sort of impact.