Need help finding a gift

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by powerbomb1411, Nov 16, 2009.

1. powerbomb1411

powerbomb1411 Well-Known Member

I have a step-nephew that is going to be turning 6 this December. I think six. He has Tuberous Sclerosis and autism though so let's say he's got the mind of a three year old.

That's the set up. For his last birthday (with approval of my sister) I got him a couple Transformers Bumper Battlers. I don't know if he liked them or not. I'll presume he did, my sister thought they were cool. And for the record she's six years older then me and I'm 25.

This Christmas, I was told to get him matchbox cars, blues clues or bubbles.

So I looked into those Transformers RPM's and got my sisters approval on that. Then I thought it'd be even cooler to get him the devastator track until I was left unimpressed by the review on youtube.

So clearly, by putting this here I am looking for something Transformers related and I have the approval of the bumper battlers and RPMs or matchbox like cars. No baby toys though, those are not allowed.

I'm spending about $20 on his sister so as much as I would like to get him a giant track and a bunch of cars, I can't go above and beyond the spending I did for his sister. I'd love to get him hooked on Transformers, and the only thing really holding me back on getting him individual RPM's is the price tag when I could get him about five or six matchbox/hot wheels for the price of one RPM. Plus I'm not super impressed with just a robot logo etched onto the bottom of a car.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

2. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:

you might try some gravity bots they should prove fun for the lad

3. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Spychangers? I'm sure MOSC ones are easily available, and they are matchbox car sized, so they might be compatible with your nephew's collection :) 

4. starscream-99

starscream-99 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Spychangers and Gravitybots are a good idea. The only other thing I can think of are the Minibot keychains.

5. Omega Jolt

Omega Jolt Hunter

Agreed, heck I like them, I just think they cost more than they should.

6. powerbomb1411

powerbomb1411 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the help. I had never heard of Spy Changers before. Just bought a pack of five in packaging for $25 and free shipping off ebay. SO hopefully he'll like them, they looked easy enough to Transform and if he can't he always has five new cars to play with.

7. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    Just what everyone else has suggested. But if you do end up going the RPM route, most Walmarts have Bonus 2-packs for $4. Got my buddies 4 year old the pack with Optimus and Bumblebee today just for fun and he loved em, even without the track.

8. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    spychangers are very easy to transform so he should be able to