Need help, ebay buyer trying to scam me

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by DocSeth81, May 16, 2018.

1. DocSeth81

DocSeth81 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    So a few weeks ago, I sold on ebay two transformers. I sent them out and gave him the tracking numbers etc. Last night, he emails me that he hasn't received the items. I checked the tracking numbers and they were delivered 2 weeks ago. I'm afraid he is trying to cheat me out of the money and the figures. What can I do?

2. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Harpoon Accurate

I would be proactive in this situation and compile as much proof of you sending it as possible. Take a picture of the receipt showing the transaction date, weight of the box, services selected, destination, and - most importantly - the tracking number. I would also supply a screen shot of the tracking number on the USPS, FedEx, or UPS website as proof that it was delivered. If you photographed the packing process, that would also help. I know some sellers that photograph and/or film themselves as they pack everything up as a means of added protection against buyer fraud.

• Like Like x 4
  3. jackisking

jackisking Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Did you print your label through ebay? It makes it a little easier to prove the item arrived. As long as you have tracking and confirmation of delivery you are okay.

• Like Like x 1
  4. DocSeth81

Ebay:
    thank you. two of my friends suggested i contact ebay first and tell them what is happening before the seller does, just in case. I still have the receipt (i usually keep it until the buyer gives me positive feedback).

• Like Like x 2
  5. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Harpoon Accurate

Also, be prepared to call the post offices in your buyer's area. I've encountered some buyers that didn't want to help with some of the leg work when a package of theirs didn't arrive despite ample proof that it was delivered. In one such case, the package magically appeared after I called a few post offices in an area of CA. I don't know if the buyer was trying to pull something, or if there was an issue of theft or carelessness on the part of the carrier, but be warned that you may have to do some hand holding.

• Like Like x 3
  6. DocSeth81

Ebay:
    i think from now on, when I pack up something to send out on ebay, i'm going to be really OCD and start taking pics.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Bezuul

Bezuul Well-Known Member

I came across an eBay seller guide on google that I didn’t bookmark but maybe some looking around can help you. Basically always getting tracking and if the item is over $249 require a signature because at $250+ PayPal will default to the buyer if the buyer says they didn’t receive the item even if the tracking number shows it was delivered. You should have enough proof with the tracking number and call some post offices as others suggested but good luck.

8. smkheidze

smkheidze GEEEEE-WUNNER MOFO!

you have this dipshit's address right? Send some guys. If you know what I mean.

• Like Like x 3
  9. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
    I had someone try this with me once. He insisted the item didn't arrive even though tracking showed it did. He asked for a refund and said he'd report to ebay. I let him go ahead and report it and, thanks to the tracking, ebay judged in my favor.
    Right after that the guy sent me a message and said he found the item in the bushes. He asked me to leave him positive feedback. I wish I could have left him negative...

10. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    If you sell on Amazon, they don't accept delivery confirmation at all. You have to pay, out of pocket, for signature confirmation on everything.

11. hightail

hightail cybertronian Bounty Hunter

Facebook:
    on every transaction in eBay there is an option for adding tracking.
    once the tracking shows delivered.
    your fine as long as eBay is concerned.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    I had that experience one myself. I had a tracking number and it said I already received the package. But I did not. Somehow it turned up again and then got send to me again and the second time I received it.

13. DocSeth81

Ebay:
    once i pointed out to him that the receipt said it was delivered, he's totally disappeared, no contact at all and i don't want to poke a sleeping bear

• Like Like x 1
  14. heltskelt

heltskelt Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I guess you don’t have thieves where you live.

15. smkheidze

smkheidze GEEEEE-WUNNER MOFO!

umm..i live in city among other humans....so no, no we don't.

• Like Like x 1