Customs: Need help: Drift to Breakdown

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Treadshot A1, Sep 27, 2010.

1. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Toy Designer

Hey guys, i recently got my hands on a Generations Drift, and boy is it a piece of crap. It certainly captured Drift's look, but those shoulders have hardly any articulation due to the car bits hanging off. They always seem to gt in the way, i can hardly get any good poses outta him.

But, he's white. Which means he's perfect for making a Stunticon out of. But before i do, anyone have any clever ideas on how to makes his arms better? I'm fresh outta ideas to modify his shoulders. Shame, he would've been so awesome had it not been for those massive bits of car blocking movement. :( 

2. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    Wish I could help, but I'm not planning to own this mold til I find Blurr.

3. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I can't say that I agree with you on the Generations Drift toy being a poc, but to each his own. You could try alternatively posing the arms like this:

[​IMG]
    Drift - Transformers Generations - Transformers Resources
    (image courtesy of TFW2005.com resources)

If you transform both of the fenders as shown on his left arm, you might come up with something. Also, if you do this, you could try removing some of the plastic that's right there just in behind the front bumper there:

[​IMG]

I'm not sure how that would affect the figure, or if it would even improve the arms any. That's the only suggestion I have right off the top of my head without just suggesting doing a complete arm swap with another figure, as that may be a bit more involved than you're wanting to go with this bot.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 28, 2010
  4. Treadshot A1

Hmm, SQ's idea looks very promising. I'll try that.

5. QmTablit

QmTablit BotBot in the what, I said BotBot in the what

I... just bought a Red Alert and swapped out all of the red and grey plastic parts for Sideswipe's white and black plastic parts.

6. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I think if I were to make a Breakdown, I'd use the same mold. However, the op here wants to use Drift. Any suggestions for his inquiry?

7. Treadshot A1

Heh, I did try to pair a Sunstreaker white a while ago, bt that didn't turn out too well. :( 

Also, I like Drift's car mode. ;)