Customs: Need help dismantling Swerve (graphic pictures inside)

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by SmokescreenSWE, Aug 18, 2007.

1. SmokescreenSWE

SmokescreenSWE Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm taking apart Alternator Swerve but I'm having some trouble with the main part of the body.

This is my progress so far:

[​IMG]

Is this as far as I can go without tapping pins? I've removed the four screws on his chest but the torso won't split open. It seems stuck at the lower part but there are no screws there, is it glued? I need to at least remove the shoulders from the main body or this will be hell to mask.

Also, is there any special way to remove the chromed exhaust pieces from the chest and from the shoulders. The chest one doesn't have any apparent screws and the shoulder ones seem wedged inside the red plastic. Any tips?

And yes, I'm sacrificing Swerve for someone much cooler :D 

2. iconscons

iconscons Well-Known Member

The pipes on the chest are glued in. They may or may not be able to be taken out without damaging them. Try applying a little force until you think you might break it.

The corvette mold is a toughy to take apart w/o tapping pins and wheels.

3. iconscons

iconscons Well-Known Member

The pipes on the chest are glued in. They may or may not be able to be taken out without damaging them. Try applying a little force until you think you might break it.

The corvette mold is a toughy to take apart w/o tapping pins and wheels.

4. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    There is a screw under the exhaust pipes too....like Iconscons said, a little force with a flat screwrdiver, and they will pop up...then remove the pin that holds the windshield/dash in place....theres a screw under it too....once those are out the two halves will seperate

I've never been able to get the pins out for the two flaps by the waist.....:thumb 

5. plowking

News Credits:
    There is a screw under the exhaust pipes too....like Iconscons said, a little force with a flat screwrdiver, and they will pop up...then remove the pin that holds the windshield/dash in place....theres a screw under it too....once those are out the two halves will seperate

I've never been able to get the pins out for the two flaps by the waist.....:thumb 

6. SmokescreenSWE

News Credits:
    Okay, I'll try. Thanks.

7. SmokescreenSWE

News Credits:
    Okay, I'll try. Thanks.

8. plowking

News Credits:
    Oh...the mufflers in the shoulders will come out....you just have to pretty much take them completely apart to expose the screw thats holding it in place..

It's a very easy Alt to take apart....you wont have any problems....

BTW...who yah makin'?!.....or is it top secret of now?.....

9. plowking

News Credits:
    Oh...the mufflers in the shoulders will come out....you just have to pretty much take them completely apart to expose the screw thats holding it in place..

It's a very easy Alt to take apart....you wont have any problems....

BTW...who yah makin'?!.....or is it top secret of now?.....

10. SmokescreenSWE

News Credits:
    I can't get the tapping to work, so I'm saving the torso for now. I got the exhaust out so I could pry the torso apart far enough to remove the arms, so that's the main part done.

And I won't say who it is yet. Although, there are some very cool similarities to a G1 figure, especially with the arms and a modified Windcharger head...

11. SmokescreenSWE

News Credits:
    I can't get the tapping to work, so I'm saving the torso for now. I got the exhaust out so I could pry the torso apart far enough to remove the arms, so that's the main part done.

And I won't say who it is yet. Although, there are some very cool similarities to a G1 figure, especially with the arms and a modified Windcharger head...

12. plowking

News Credits:
    Dont know what you're using...but get your self a "Starter Punch"....nails, and old pins are fine...but they can bend and what not, and really aren't meant for use of driving out pins......a "Starter Punch" works great...they usually come in different sizes....get the smallest one you can....take an old pin with you when you go shopping for it...its what I use all the time, and have never had a prob....

Get that punch, a nice small to medium sized hammer, and a couple of different pieces/sizes of wood...and you be knocking out pins before you know it :thumb 

And know you got my brain working trying to figure it out who you're making....its the weekend...my brain isn't supposed to be working this hard!....:lol 

Keep us posted!

13. plowking

News Credits:
    Dont know what you're using...but get your self a "Starter Punch"....nails, and old pins are fine...but they can bend and what not, and really aren't meant for use of driving out pins......a "Starter Punch" works great...they usually come in different sizes....get the smallest one you can....take an old pin with you when you go shopping for it...its what I use all the time, and have never had a prob....

Get that punch, a nice small to medium sized hammer, and a couple of different pieces/sizes of wood...and you be knocking out pins before you know it :thumb 

And know you got my brain working trying to figure it out who you're making....its the weekend...my brain isn't supposed to be working this hard!....:lol 

Keep us posted!

14. NIDARAM12

NIDARAM12 Robot art guy

News Credits:
    Just curious, why use a Swerve worth $45-70 instead of a $7 dime a dozen blue Tracks?

15. NIDARAM12

NIDARAM12 Robot art guy

News Credits:
    Just curious, why use a Swerve worth $45-70 instead of a $7 dime a dozen blue Tracks?

16. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel Chicks dig the Mutt!

News Credits:
    Heh... man o' man, the hate mail you're gonna get if this custom doesn't kick all the ass you promise. I refuse to give into the smiley face nonsense, so you'll just have to trust I'm kidding.

I'm glad you brought this up, I've got a Tracks on the list of customs later on down the line, and I couldn't get him this far apart. Good luck on your top secret project. I hope it comes out as expected. I can't wait to see it.

17. Hicks_Royel

News Credits:
    Heh... man o' man, the hate mail you're gonna get if this custom doesn't kick all the ass you promise. I refuse to give into the smiley face nonsense, so you'll just have to trust I'm kidding.

I'm glad you brought this up, I've got a Tracks on the list of customs later on down the line, and I couldn't get him this far apart. Good luck on your top secret project. I hope it comes out as expected. I can't wait to see it.

18. Boggs6ft7

Boggs6ft7 TFW2005 Supporter

Man, this better be one cool custom to sacrifice a Swerve.

NIDARAM, the reasoning I heard was that it was one per case and a limited run with limited areas of shipment.

19. Boggs6ft7

Boggs6ft7 TFW2005 Supporter

Man, this better be one cool custom to sacrifice a Swerve.

NIDARAM, the reasoning I heard was that it was one per case and a limited run with limited areas of shipment.

20. Hicks_Royel

News Credits:
    Hey you know what... I call dibs on the Swerve Head if he wants to get rid of it.