Need help Botcon Kup is Junk!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by starscream-99, Jun 8, 2009.

1. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    that really sux over priced and ko or worse quality

2. dragon516

dragon516 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sad times. I guess I ain't going to get my toys exchange. They haven't gotten me any emails yet and I don't think I will. Last I heard is we will see what we can do.... The quality on the Leozack and Skyquake is pretty poor. I have the japanese nightscream and hasbro g1 variation of those modes and they fit alot better together in the jet mode. The arms fold in better and the wing aligns with the body. The wing pops above the rest of the fuselage and the arms pops up... Piss poor quality for 300 dollar plastic.

3. starscream-99

starscream-99 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Were any other years Botcon toys messed up like this?

4. Black Omega

Black Omega Commander Panda Prime

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    My friend that actually went to Botcon and got the attendee package. He sold me his set for the price I would've paid for a non attendee package. So I have a set from their stock that was given out at Botcon. And my set is complete shit too!

Flak's gun, projectiles & cyber key - MISSING
    Thunderclash's gun & projectile - MISSING
    Scourge's cyber key - MISSING
    Kup's cyber key - MISSING

Kup's leg - same problem as what starscream-99 is having
    Landshark - tank tread armour holes and arm pegs not properly sized to fit each other
    Scourage - pin that connects shoulder piece to torso very loose causing droopy arm syndrome

And my friend has been contacting FP about the missing accessories. They're answer is essentially you should've checked the set before you left Botcon so your shit out of luck.

Fucking waste of $295 bucks!! Last Botcon set I'll ever get. My FLAWLESS Games of Deception set will exist in flawless infamy!

5. starscream-99

News Credits:
    That sucks man. These FP people are assholes man. I found a guy that would do it for me and they told him the same thing. Shame on FP if they pull this shit next year. I going to attempt my first custom TF with my scrap Kup.

6. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    Mine has the same problem, but it holds on fine in both 'bot and alt mode, as it's connected to other pieces.

A bit of a pain, but surmountable.

7. starscream-99

News Credits:
    Yeah I started messing with it this morning to start taking it apart and realized that it is only half of the leg and it connects to another part and it does stay on in bot mode. Still pissed about it though.

8. mr_soundwave

mr_soundwave operation: tidalwave

this is awesome advice...actually gave me an idea for another problem toy I have..:) 

9. dragon516

News Credits:
    well Great job for FP PR...! They have left me hanging for a week with words like " we will see what we can do". At least let me know if they are not going to do anything about my problem.

10. RoboticPlanet

RoboticPlanet Exclusively Exclusive

News Credits:
    I got that exact email today regarding my headless, and upon closer inspection broken, Scourge.

I honestly don't recall anyone saying anything about inspecting the figures at Botcon, as I was told I should have done in the email. In fact, when I picked the boxed & bagged sets I asked the lady "I see people inspecting the figures, is there something I should be looking for" and she just told me people are eager to see the set. My Botcon-noob self didn't know to look for QC problems.

11. starscream-99

News Credits:
    Headless!? That sucks man.

12. dragon516

News Credits:
    Wow headless huh? That's harsh.... I feel like an arsetard to just give up and not give pursue this any more, but it seems futile. Go figures that the first time I go to one of these things (botcon) that I am going to screwed for it.

13. Baccala1976

Baccala1976 Well-Known Member

Wow, it looks like not only did I save $295 but I saved myself a giant headache as well. Thanks FP for putting out the crappiest set ever! :thumbs2: 

14. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Former Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Every part you list as being missing is supposed to be packaged in small accessory baggies underneath the foam tray. By chance have you neglected to check there for the parts? Maybe you have, but it does seem odd that all the parts you list as lacking are the ones packaged in that same spot.

RE: Landshark, are you withdrawing the fists into the arms before attacking the claw-armor to the forearms? Not doing so interferes with the connection of the parts and makes it much weaker than normal.

Contact them. Everyone who has issues should do so, and they have NEVER given me any trouble getting a figure replaced on the occasions I have had an issue. This goes double for you Iacon set folks who might have an issue, as you didn't even have the opportunity to inspect in advance. FunPub does generally take care of issues.

And if you didn't open bagged toys at the show because you were going to have to ship or transport them back and didn't want to worry about losing parts (like me), make a note of that when you contact them as being the reason you didn't catch the errors at the show.

Remember, FubPub are not the experts we are on the figures and their flaws, and they can't catch problems in a figure sealed in the bag it comes from the factory in any better than we can. They may or may not notice a flaw while creating the box sets, the figures for which are removed from the factory bag packaging and placed into the sets. But if there are enough issues, I expect they will go back to Hasbro with the rightful expectation of having it resolved.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2009
  15. starscream-99

News Credits:
    I was at TRU earlier today adding to my collection (added voyager Fallen, legends Megs and Jetfire) and I noticed that a Fallen figure was completely separated from his body but was still in place perfectly in its slot tied down with the twist tie. Ok one figure yeah ok possible but last night I was at Target buying Dead end and Dirt boss I see a deluxe Bumblebee headless!!! WTF? First the Botcon toys and now this. Out of all my years of buying TF's I've never had this problem or seen it in person. I almost bought that Fallen figure. Thanks to my girlfriend that wanted to look at Barbies for 10 minutes I had time to scope the figure out. Just wanted to add this to my thread.