Need help/advice on touching up paint

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by RavX, Nov 27, 2008.

1. RavX

RavX Well-Known Member

Ebay:
  2. ErechOveraker

ErechOveraker I'm with Plowking.

News Credits:
    You're gonna wanna mix and color match until you get the color right, use a piece of scrap or a junker toy to test it against before applying to your figure (and wait until dry to compare, cured paint always looks different) not much else to say about it really. I've never seen the toy so I don't know the finish (flat, matte, glossy etc) but you're going to want to take all of those into account too. It's a pretty simple endeavor as far as Radicons go, so I can see why you didn't get any response to it.

If you're not comfortable painting it yourself, you might commission a Radicon to do it for you - I'd say no more than 10 bucks for the actual work would be fair + materials and shipping etc (I'd do it for cost of materials personally since it's just a chip).

3. RavX

RavX Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Thanks for the response Erech, definitely appreciate it! Is there a particular way to go about trying to find the right colors/paint types to use or is it just a matter of trial and error with scraps as you mentioned above? It's such a small chip that i dont think i'd have a problem doing it myself but I really have no idea how to go about finding the right paint etc.