Need for Speed Shift Demo this week.

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Prowl, Sep 29, 2009.

1. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    For those of you too poor to afford every potentially good game this month, there will be a demo for this game October 1st.

I really want to own this freekin game, but there is simply too much crap coming out. At least now I can play it a little bit.

IGN: Need for Speed Shift Console Demo Available October 1

2. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd 2nd think getting this I hear its bug ridden even on the consoles.

3. cheetorBWORG

cheetorBWORG Cheetor Fan

News Credits:
    I've been waiting for this. I want to see how the controls are, if they're Sim, Arcade or middle of the road, cause I don't like Sims much. I just want to race.

4. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    the TV spots look freekin amazing.

5. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Camaro Club! Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    IGN said this Speed is one you Need. NFS has not been good for a while now I am siked about this one.

6. Orion_Prime48

Orion_Prime48 Super Sentai Purist

News Credits:
    youve heard wrong then. I rented this hearing it was decent, its just plain annoying each and every single car is loose and slides all over the track as if on ice, making it nearly impossible no to hit someone. and the drifting is damn near impossible unless you know how to do basic from other games like GRID. oh and the customization is terrible you still have no control over the body kits and the vinyl system is terrible in the fact that you cannot mirror any vinyls from the right to the left side.

you wanna racing game get GRID or Forza 3 when it comes out

7. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Camaro Club! Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have GRID and love it Shift also got a good review in a couple mags I seen. Look forward to the demo so I can make my own opinion.

8. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm getting Gran Turismo tomorrow, so I'm good on racing, but I was just curious about this one because of how good it looks. Of course, looks can be deceiving.

9. Orion_Prime48

News Credits:
    I love GRID As well its still on my must get list. but this isnt anything like GRID so dont have your hopes up. but yes it does look nice thats about the only thing I like about it

10. AMG

AMG Old School

Looking forward to trying it out.

11. cheetorBWORG

cheetorBWORG Cheetor Fan

News Credits:
    Is there any good big name ARCADE racers for the 360?

And has anyone ever played a 360 racer with a keyboard instead of a wheel or controller?

12. Orion_Prime48

News Credits:
    Project Gotham coems to mind, then Blur theres a few others but I cant think of there names and some are coming out soon

13. AMG

AMG Old School

Tried out the demo, beat both races with the Viper. Very fun game, I love the sense of speed and the controls are nice too.

14. cheetorBWORG

cheetorBWORG Cheetor Fan

News Credits:
    Argh, I can't beat the 1:30 lap time, even with the GTR!

15. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Gonna have to try this Demo out... apparently according to reviews its as good as DIRT 2, which is pretty damn good IMO.

The problem is do I have enough time for another Driving game? Plus, whens the next PGR out? Hrm. Decisions decisions.

16. -Superion-

-Superion- Well-Known Member

With Forza 3 coming out in a month, I don't think I'll be getting another racing game.

17. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I really enjoyed the demo, but GT PSP owns my racing world now. But Shift will be mine when the Holiday chaos dies down. I enjoyed what I played

18. rapid_fire

rapid_fire Banned

Bought this for the PC yesterday.

FUCKING EPIC!!!

This is the closest simulation racing game I've ever played, the way the camera bounces around, zooms in and out, blurs, while driving and smashing into things is really cool. The sound effects are like no other racing game I've ever played, It really is quite a fun experience just to race around the tracks.

Also what is present in the actual game, that's missing from the DEMO, is the precision/aggressive feature, that awards points for either being precise by sticking to the guide lines, taking corners smoothly, and avoiding the other cars, etc... Or driving aggressively, by taking other cars out of the race, using them to make corners by slamming into them instead of breaking, and drifting around corners, etc. Sort of like a good or evil kind of deal.

The visuals and sounds really sell this game for me (especially when you crash into other cars) I've never seen a game put so much realism into a game before, its quite a difference experience then any other race game I've played.

It IS a simulation game, and it seems like they've really tried to get as close to driving a real race car, as they could. If you go off the road into a wall in a real car, your fucked!! and that's what they incorporated into the game as well. Although you can dumb the game down, and turn off a lot of realistic features, I like having them all on, makes it more challenging.

I see a lot of people comparing this to GRID and while it's an equally awesome game, I don't recommend buying one over the other, get both, because both are really good games, and have their own style and fun features.

I havn't played Forza 3, I sold my 360 when I bought my gaming PC, so I can't really comment on that one, but I can say I have played the first two, and I don't really find them all that exciting. It's like Forza is more about designing graphics, and getting upgrades for the cars, then actual racing, which is a shame.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2009
  19. Drake

Drake Smooth Is Smooth Baby

Downloaded it from the PS store, tried it, not bad. IMHO GTL, GTR2 and rFactor are still the best PC racing games. Shift's physics can't touch those. I will wait for GranTurismo5 though for my next new racing experience.