Need For Speed Shift..... 2

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Orion_Prime48, Nov 16, 2010.

1. Orion_Prime48

Orion_Prime48 Super Sentai Purist

News Credits:
    YouTube - Need for Speed Shift 2 Unleashed Teaser Trailer [HD]

personally I dont see why theyd even bother with another, the cars in the first game drive worse than the cars in GRiD (for the record I love Grid) and it made the game more of a Pain in the ass than actually fun.

what they need to do is make NFS Underground 3, as long as it stayed within the parameters of how NFSU2 worked it would be an amazing game

2. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

May get Hot Pursuit 2 just to get my Barricade on

3. Orion_Prime48

News Credits:
  4. Scourge_151

Scourge_151 Dangerous when naked! TFW2005 Supporter

Got it on launch day, I like the addition of engine swaps, makes for some interesting tuning options.

It seems they've ruined the drift mode, while it was challenging before its bloody impossible now.

Racing is as nerve-racking as ever, love the lighting effects of the night races too.

Looking forward to trading lap times with everyone on autolog!

5. Savanna

Savanna Want to Touch my Wankel?

I find the Drift Mode is rather blah and worthless addition to a game that is supposedly focused on Circuit Racing.

I don't find the racing Nerve Racking at all, instead I find it much more frustrating than most other Sim style Racers. The AI is programmed way to offensive, almost to the point its there more for combat and ramming you off.

It is nice to actually have Night Racing back. Haven't had a Racer since Forza 1 with Night Racing.

6. Noizemaze

Noizemaze Ken

News Credits:
    How did you not play Hot Pursuit this year?

7. Savanna

I stay away from most Need for Speed titles. Most of them I find to boring, or make people in Car Culture look like 16 year olds wasting mommy and daddys cash on lights and mufflers to make more light and sound. Only picked up this one because I had a few friends getting it. Neither of which don't want to race me anymore...........

8. Scourge_151

Give Hot Pursuit a try, it is seriously, seriously fun! No modifications just racing.

As far as Shift 2 is concerned I'm getting extremely frustrated with the car handling, can't seem to find a sweet spot in the settings to get the cars handling consistently for me. Why change the handling setup from Shift 1? That I managed quite happily.

9. Savanna

10. Scourge_151

That should be really helpful, that's what drives me mad. I'm capable of correcting slides etc without the game trying to, so when it corrects and I correct at the same time I end up all over the place.
    Drifting is made almost impossible because of it unless you deliberately try not to control the slide, so what's the point?
    I turned all the assists off for a reason!!

11. Savanna

Its actually the games Physics engine being overtuned. What I think they tired to do was copy a old PS2 racer had and actually used G forces for movement and stopping and you could actually feel it with body roll and such. I think its just over done. If they could simply fix it this game would be so much better.

12. Orion_Prime48

News Credits:
    so does this game drive worse than the first one?

13. Savanna

From what I am told, yes and no. First game the Race cars and cars upgraded to Works would have no handling issues. In this version its a constant with all cars. After you get used to it, you can deal with it, but you shouldn't have to.

14. daformer

daformer Earth's Reckoning

News Credits:
    Is this better than Gran turismo 5? because i have been thinking of trading that for shift 2 on ps3..but i dont know