Heavy/Scratch: need everyones expert opinion on this

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by amir_anti_yosi, Sep 30, 2009.

1. amir_anti_yosi

amir_anti_yosi Well-Known Member

I recently decided to make my prime more accurate since I'll be making his jetfire-jetpacks once I get my podracer. ummm, I wanted to do what Hakka did on his forearm mod, so I used a saw to remove the panels that become the hood of the truck on truck mode and I used styrene to make scratch build forearm panels for prime. what I'm thinking is did I just ruin my prime from trying to make that custom work??? I need your honest opinion on this one cause because of this Im starting to get the idea of buying another prime and another $45 is gonna hurt my wallet

comment, criticisms and suggestions would be very much appreciated and please be honest I'll take it all on!

Attached Files:

2. mampy

mampy Movie-Accurate Mampy

News Credits:
    That looks good. :)  Only thing you could improve IMO is the hand-painted flames. They look too thick and pudgy compared to the rest of the factory-applied flames decos.

EDIT: Like primeone (post below mine), this is of course assuming that you want to make a more movie accurate but non-transforming figure.

3. primeone

primeone PRIME

News Credits:
    well it really depends on whether you want him to be able to transform into a truck still if so then yes you will need another prime if not then your all aces to keep going and good luck

4. Hotwire

Hotwire Pro-Customizer

I can tell you're not going to be transforming him, but I'm curious if you kept the hood pieces? If so, you could use those for the forearm if you're not happy with what you've done.

5. struecker85

struecker85 Autobot

keep at it looks good

6. amir_anti_yosi

amir_anti_yosi Well-Known Member

Yup, I have decided beforehand to make him untransformable, I might also make the upper arm panel mod cause it looks better

Im gonna tinker with what hot wire said and use the hood/forearm instead for the forearm im trying to do, what I did is just not working and Im not impressed with what I did for the forearm

wish me luck