Need computer help (displaying Japanese characters in Firefox)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MasterOfPuppets, Mar 5, 2007.

1. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Banned

Okay I've googled and searched but I can only find a solution that isn't feasible.

Is there a way to get Firefox to display Japanese characters WITHOUT downloading the Windows XP Japanese language pack from Microsoft?

2. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

It displays Japanese text for me without the language pack. Are you using the latest service pack? Firefox might need Unicode support or something, and I don't think earlier versions of XP have that.

3. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Banned

I'm not sure. Thing is my Win XP isn't legit so I can't download anything from Microsoft.

4. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

There are ways around that, but the simplest solution, if you're going to be using a pirated operating system anyway, is to download and upgrade to a newer pirated copy of the OS. There are packs out there of Windows XP with almost all of the current updates included, but please don't ask me where to find them. If you look enough, you should be able to figure it out. Or you could go buy a legitimate copy, if you can find one.

5. Aaron

Aaron Master of Crystalocution Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:

Limed for truth.

6. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    ...or you could continue to seek alternative ways to doing it without having to worry yourself with paying out a few hundred for a product. Which, in my opinion, does make some sense, especially if you don't have the cash.

You could try prowling some of the free font sites and seeing if they have an alternative japanese language support pack. If that doesn't work, the best thing I can think of is to tear through your google search results.

7. RoboticPlanet

RoboticPlanet Exclusively Exclusive

News Credits:
    I'm pretty certain all you need is an XP CD, legit or not.

Under the Regional and Language Options in your Control Panel go the Languages tab. There's a bunch of options there that should do it.

You may want to disable your interweb connection if you're worried about inadvertently connecting the Micro$oft