need an opinion or two

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Optimus Kharnal, Jun 14, 2008.

1. Optimus Kharnal

Optimus Kharnal Well-Known Member

I just sold some baseball tickets on ebay this week and sent them out priority mail on Tuesday and as of this morning the buyer had not received them and the game is today.. now I did not insure them as I was doing free shipping on this item, the buyer is stating that if i dont' refund them the full purchase price then they will send a dispute to ebay.. I have offered back a 50% refund it is not my fault that US mail is slow their part of Texas, but it was not insured and so I feel I should reimburse them in some way. Am I being fair or should I reimburse the seller for the whole thing. I feel bad for the buyer especially since they have such a low feedback that this might be one of their first dealings on ebay, but I fulfilled my end of the bargain.

2. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    If you have the shipping slip and it states that it would have been there before the game.....then dude is S.O.L. and you should keep the money.

Thanx
    Transbot90210

3. Seawing

Seawing Lurker of the depths Moderator

News Credits:
    is there any way to confirm that he did receive them? He may have gotten them and is trying to get his money back and get "free" tickets.
    Also always get delivery confirmation, even if you have to pay for it yourself. It keeps the buyer honest and gives you piece of mind.

4. Optimus Kharnal

Optimus Kharnal Well-Known Member

well the buyer took the 50% back, I should have gotten delivery confirmation but I didn't... dumb me hehe. the only reason i took the buyers word for it is that they are in BFE Texas so it is entirely possible that it didn't get to them in time. oh well... it wasn't a huge amount of money but the next time I sell to a low feedback person I will make sure i get delivery confirmation.

you live you learn, I've had mostly good experiences on Ebay so sometimes I just get a bit too trusting.

5. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

That's all I have to say on this...or wait, nvm.

Sorry to hear that dude, hope you score better next time.
    DN

6. the_scientist

the_scientist Well-Known Member

Tell him to reply to you or discuss the matter during the time the game is going on. Then you could know for sure that he didn't have the tickets and wasn't at the game. If I was him and didn't get the tickets, I probably wouldn't settle for 50%.