Need an opinion on the recent Master of the Universe series

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Prowl, Oct 21, 2009.

1. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I saw the entire series for 20 bucks at Wal-mart, and remember enjoying the first few episodes back when TF: Armada came out, but I never followed up on it. Does it remain good, or get crappy? Is the package worth it?

2. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd say go for it, I'm working thorugh it now & it's a great series from what I've seen(just finished Season 1)

3. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    I quite enjoyed the series. A little formulated like the originals, but good for a watch, especially that cheap.

Always did annoy me that they were setting up so hardcore for Hordak to be the uber badass villain and we never got the payoff...

4. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sounds like I'll be picking it up. Thanks guys.

5. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

Go for it man. The series is good, and for that money it's a steal.

6. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    It starts out good -then it gets really good.
    Unfortunately it's unfinished. :( 

The only problem I have with the series is that He-man is so incredibly strong, but then other characters can block his sword strikes.
    Go buy it! Now.
    Go!!!

7. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    It's worth it, it's a well written( Two beast wars writers) well animated, well voice acted series(more than a few beast wars actors). Skeletor is actually evil and not a bumbling idiot(though there is a little of that) but after wards he then tortures his team mates to make himself feel better. It could have run longer, but mattel bungled the toy line. Way too many He-Man and Skeletor figures. There were 6 to a box and maybe two other characters added in as an after thought, so there were a lot of rare figures that people wanted and a lot of ice armor he man's they didn't. As others have said if they had continued it would have been epic.

8. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I loved the series from top to bottom. It's really a shame it never got the continuation it deserved. It was getting really fantastic at the end.

9. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    We're going to pick it up in a few....as well as South Park movie on Bluray, and some Wings. I'm definitely convinced,

10. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

Agreed 110%. It truly was one of the best cartoon series I've seen in recent years. Maybe even ever. There were even times I was more excited to watch it than Armada. I will always hate and despise Mattel for screwing up the toyline so damn badly. Ah well, atleast I got 2 of my favorite character from the show: Evil-Lyn :D 

My only regret is missing the final episode and seeing how it ended(I've heard how it does though). And of course stupid ass CN never friggin' re-aired it.

11. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

I'm gonna order it now from deepdiscount now too, since it's $5 cheaper than WM.

12. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks again. We just picked it up. 39 episodes with 40 PDF comics to the uncreated episodes and 12 commentaries. Overall, great package. 1:78 widescreen too.

13. Deathx360

Deathx360 Farewell Dear Friend

News Credits:
    I didn't know that they were making a complete series set. I have the three volumes that they made last year so no need for me to get it but at that price I would strongly recommend picking it up. The series was great, and still is actually, and any He-Man fan should see it. You won't be disappointed although you will wish they had made more. There is only one PDF comic though which would have been the 40th episode.

This makes me want to pull out my figures even more. I've been thinking about it recently so I may do that soon. Like Galaxy Convoy I also have two Evil-Lyn figures, which was a bitch to track down. I was also lucky to find a few Snake Men series figures including the Snake Armor He-Man. Too bad that He-Man's sword is more like a club but when you watch episode 39 you will know why.

14. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    The 200X He-Man series is one of the best I ever had the privilege of watching. Also helped that Bob Forward was a story editor on it as well.

I told my roomie about it and he decided to pick it up for me when the first season DVD set dropped. I had him sit down and watch it from me and he was hooked. He thought it was phenomenal. When the rest of the dvds dropped He had to watch them as soon as they came out.

I definitely say to get it. Twenty bucks is a steal in my opinion, for one helluva good series.

The saddest part is that we will never get to see a third season, and what they had planned. Because I heard it would have been killer.

15. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

Yeah, I had to get both my Lyn's online, both through Ebay. I got the whole Snake Men series, atleast the ones that were planned for US release, through He-Man.Org. I also managed to nab one of each of the 12" He-Man and Skeletor rotocast figs from one of the online stores. They're pretty sweet. It's a damn shame things went the way they and denied us the Horde.

16. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    Great show! Awesome update.

17. Xabungle

Xabungle Well-Known Member

Are there extras not included in the regular releases? Or is this simply the three volumes collected?

18. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's right, Forward writes in this. I forgot about that. I also like Cam Clark as Adam. How did you guys feel about Cringer not talking? I don't seem to mind it, but it was like the old soul of the 80's show was missing, though not "missed" per say.

Not sure, bro. I don't have anything to compare it to. I always wanted this series, but this was the first time I actually saw it on DVD and went for it. I know it says it has comentary on 12 episodes, PDF comic, interviews, and scripts for all 40 episodes.

19. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    let us know what you think once you've watched som of it.. I LOVED the series.

20. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

in honor of this thread, I just have to show off my shelves of the figures from this line, not including the "stactions" that were released later. I got evil-lyn as a trade for a $10 figure on he-man.org. I ebayed the wanted figure and had it sent to the guy's house :

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]