Customs: Need ALOT of help

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by MacrossFA19, Jun 28, 2009.

1. MacrossFA19

MacrossFA19 That son of a bitch!!!

Ebay:
    O.k. fellas, and gals. I am finally after years of figuring out how to use a computer, I am starting my own website. MacrossFA19.com. Just pics of my works and galleries, email, and some clicky buttons or icons.

Now the problem. I am a computer illiterate dumbass. I have a friend who designs websites, but when he talks i don't understand a damned thing he is saying...might as well be french. The site is up...but it just says its Under Construction. I have a domain and host but the host is Yahoo and yahoo's site builder is very unprofessional looking.

I would like to design the site without using the Yahoo Site Builder but as I said, I have no idea what I am doing. Can anyone point me in the right direction as far as getting it up and running? I can be contacted on aim at Dainacampbell and my email is Dainacampbell@aol.com. I would appreciate any help anyone has to offer and Thanks in advance to anyone that can help.

2. DeeJay

DeeJay Bluestreak Brony

News Credits:

Ell. Oh. Ell. Daina, I'm Dan. Always nice to meet more Campbells :lol 

Designing websites is fuuuun! In the old days, the rule was to go to a site that you liked the design of, click Edit --> View Source, copy the HTML to a text file, and save it. Then make your changes, upload it to your website space, and presto!

These days, with the advent of
    java, javascript, ajax, server-side scripting, css, and :Gouki:  embedded content
    tl;dr a lot of complex programming, it's not so easy to make copypasta.

But at its most basic, here's how you make a webpage:

Code:
    <html>
    <head><title>Title Go Here!</title>
    </head>

<body>
    page contents go here!
    </body>
    </html>

The rest of the site is just learning how to fancy up pages, and making references from pages to other pages (yes, hyperlinks).

Now as far as the yahoo account, I don't know if they let you directly upload files, but if they do, you're all set. If they don't, you may have a major headache on your hands.