Customs: Need ALOT of help

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by MacrossFA19, Jun 28, 2009.

1. MacrossFA19

MacrossFA19 That son of a bitch!!!

Jun 8, 2006
    O.k. fellas, and gals. I am finally after years of figuring out how to use a computer, I am starting my own website. Just pics of my works and galleries, email, and some clicky buttons or icons.

Now the problem. I am a computer illiterate dumbass. I have a friend who designs websites, but when he talks i don't understand a damned thing he is saying...might as well be french. The site is up...but it just says its Under Construction. I have a domain and host but the host is Yahoo and yahoo's site builder is very unprofessional looking.

I would like to design the site without using the Yahoo Site Builder but as I said, I have no idea what I am doing. Can anyone point me in the right direction as far as getting it up and running? I can be contacted on aim at Dainacampbell and my email is I would appreciate any help anyone has to offer and Thanks in advance to anyone that can help.
  2. DeeJay

DeeJay Bluestreak Brony

Aug 10, 2003
    News Credits:

Ell. Oh. Ell. Daina, I'm Dan. Always nice to meet more Campbells :lol 

Designing websites is fuuuun! In the old days, the rule was to go to a site that you liked the design of, click Edit --> View Source, copy the HTML to a text file, and save it. Then make your changes, upload it to your website space, and presto!

These days, with the advent of
    java, javascript, ajax, server-side scripting, css, and :Gouki:  embedded content
    tl;dr a lot of complex programming, it's not so easy to make copypasta.

But at its most basic, here's how you make a webpage:

<head><title>Title Go Here!</title>
    page contents go here!
    The rest of the site is just learning how to fancy up pages, and making references from pages to other pages (yes, hyperlinks).

Now as far as the yahoo account, I don't know if they let you directly upload files, but if they do, you're all set. If they don't, you may have a major headache on your hands.