Customs: Need advice using Future acrylic

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Rod, Jul 29, 2007.

1. Rod

Rod No Silly Robot User Name

To this point I'm used krylon and rustolium spray acrylics, now I want to try using Future Floor polish but I'd like to know what do I use to apply it? Will the paint (Testors) rub off while putting it on?

2. vector

vector City Commander

Ebay:
    Future floor polish is a gem.....The best way to apply it is to dip your rarts in it. let it run and drip off as long as it will. I use cotton swabs to dab off any that pools in a curve or corner. Let it dry, and it is a super tough acrylic over coat. If by chance it veins or does not want to cover well just use the swabs to rub it over the part, then re-dip and let drain. It is good for all surfaces even clear parts like windshields. If you need any more help let me know !! Good luck.

3. thunderbat16

thunderbat16 scout sniper

all I can really say is take your time and be careful but there shuoldn't be a problem with it

4. Carl

Carl Length and/or Girth

5. ZedzDead

ZedzDead decepticon sabatour

Ebay:
    the future stuff is a very easy to use, quick drying, and durable clear coat. i use it on most my TFs where there are factory paint apps that are likely to be scratched as well as custom detailing work i do. i highly recommend it. i ussually use a Q-tip or brush to apply it. i'd would only dip panels that can be removed from the toy tho, just a suggestion. not undermining what vector said, b/c i havent acually dipped an entire fig into this stuff b4.

OH, and it works GREAT for coating reprolabels as well.

ZedzDead