Need advice please HELP!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by carlodibi, Oct 1, 2007.

1. SharkyMcShark

SharkyMcShark Hi. I'm better than you

News Credits:
    You are depositing 100.00 into your own account. Whether or not you gave them 600.00 or 500.00 earlier you will still have the same amount of money. It's just that an extra 100.00 will now be in the bank instead of in your pocket. SAME. AMOUNT. OF MONEY!

EDIT: Does what I'm saying make sense to anyone else?

2. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    You seriously think you may have a magic extra $100 that appeared from out of nowhere and has nothing to do with your original $600?

Doubtful. You shorted the guy, plain and simple. If you are truly worried about it, you would at least call the bank.

No, because if he only had $600 on him, gave the teller $500, and the teller screwed up and marked it as $600, he would be up $100 due to teller error.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2007
  3. ShortCircuit

ShortCircuit Decepticon

hey man if youve got a bank deposit slip that says 600.00 its literally "money in the bank" lol.

But, Im not a good guy to tell ya the truth. And if it was me, I wouldnt go in there or let em know either. Cause they charge some ridiculous rates for bouncing checks and all that jazz. So I dont feel for them one bit. Granted they DID let me off the hook on a couple occasions, and thats why I still bank where I do. But to charge someone 31 fricken dollars on a check where you didn't have $1.31 in your account to cover a fast food value meal is ridiculous in a way. IMHO.

But banks make mistakes, and so do people, but I wouldn't be surprised if they don't CALL YOU and LET YOU know that they sniped 100 bucks outta your account, and they dont tell you. Watch for that seriously. Theyll do it. ANd dont be pissed either. Cause if youre mad that they DID take 100 bucks out, and you throw a fit, thats on YOU bro. Only a true criminal would walk in there with that deposit slip tho.

4. SharkyMcShark

SharkyMcShark Hi. I'm better than you

News Credits:
    Either way the right thing to do in this case is to go and deposit the 100.00 in the bank, because either the teller screwed up, in which case he has 500.00 in the bank and a receipt for 600.00, or maybe he really did just screw up the counting and had 600.00 in twenties. Either way the only way to be sure is to go and give the 100.00 in!

5. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    Quite possible you coulld get away with it and keep your $100, but it's best just to do the right thing and tell the bank what happened.

6. carlodibi

carlodibi Banned

Well if the bank made a mistake then I hope they catch it and change it. If I see a 100 less in my account like tomorrow or something I wouldnt get mad at all.
    I then know that I really did give him 500.00. I have over counted money before so I definetly could have given him 600.00 I was collecting the 600 from 3 different ways so maybe I had more than enough.

7. ShortCircuit

ShortCircuit Decepticon

My momma always told me to get a deposit slip. always. "cause thats your only defense against those crooks." she'd say.

8. carlodibi

carlodibi Banned

what would al bundy do?

9. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    Thing is, they will find out that teller's drawer is $100 short. Being a cash transaction and that your receipt says $600 on it, they won't be able to tell it was your account they miscounted. So you won't see a correction on your account ever. Instead, the teller will either have the $100 deducted from his paycheck or get fired. All because you are hoping to get an extra $100 because of a bank error. Do the right thing and go back to the bank and explain the whole situation. Just ask 'em if one of the drawers came up short because you think you accidentally gave the teller too little money and he didn't catch the mistake.

10. carlodibi

carlodibi Banned

they will catch it later on even though he printed out my reciept stating a 600 deposit was made. he placed my money in a white envelope then put the envelope between some brochures. so only my money is in the envelope it didnt get mixed up with the other money in the drawer.

11. mpdb6

mpdb6 Active Member

^^ If that's the case then they'll do a deposit correction and correct the amount in your account. You shouldn't get in trouble.

12. Moonscream

Moonscream YES, We Exist, and We DON'T Want to Date You

News Credits:
    So...

You bought a $600 Transformer on eBay, and then deposited the money for it into your account? I'm assuming you haven't actually completed the payment for the toy yet? You're going to get $600 sucked out of your account regardless of whether the bank fixes the problem or not, and if they do adjust your account downward, can you afford to have the extra $100 sucked out?

-Moony

13. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    When I was a kid, I deposited money into a bank, but didn't get a reciept for it.

At the end of the month my statement showed that the amount I put in was short, in other words, the teller saw a young kid putting money in for the first time at this bank and decided to skim a bit off the top.

$100? Like that $100 will tip the economy into the red. It was the tellers mistake plain and simple, but chances are, NOTHING will come of it. Take your extra $100 and spend it on hookers. That way your money will be going to the community.

14. SureShot90

SureShot90 Peace=superior firepower

Ebay:
    I can't believe it was even neccessary to make this thread when you already decided to do nothing... waste of time IMHO.

15. Wingsbr

Wingsbr Christian TF Fan :)

News Credits:
    Just remember that what goes around, comes around, ALWAYS. Call it Karma, call it retribution, call it reaping what you sew. Either way, you know deep down inside that you are +100 that you shouldn't be. How do I know that? You wouldn't have bothered to post a thread on here if you thought you were right. I believe another poster said you think you'll just post on TFW and someone, anyone, will validate you keeping this 100. Well of course you got your validation, however this teller might be looking at -100 from his check or possibly getting a 0.00 check because he doesn't work their anymore. A 1.00 mistake is one thing, but a 100.00 mistake in a banking operation is a big deal. Ask yourself this question, If you were this bank teller would you want someone to do the right thing so you could keep your job or get out of the hot seat at work? It's not even really about the 100.00, IMHO it's about right vs wrong and you know where you stand...do the right thing and I promise you that you will be rewarded for it, maybe not today but someday you will!!!

16. Rabbit

Rabbit Weary

One day this guy went into a bank, wrote the wrong amount on the deposit slip and had an extra $1,000,000 put into his account. The guy drove home but crashed into a tree on the way and lost his hands when the firefighters has to cut him out of the wreck. Those hands now roam the countryside writing bad deposit slips and when the bank auditors find the mistake, the disembodied hands find them and strangles them to death with the little pens they have on those chains in the bank.

How do I know? Because I was that guy!! So how did I type this you ask? With my FACE!!!!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!!!

p.s. My new car is also being financed by THE VERY SAME BANK WHERE THE HANDS FIRST KILLED!! Also, my car IS A GHOST!!!!

17. Vector Sigma

Vector Sigma <b><i><font color=FFFF00>Crazy Colon Burner!!!!</b Veteran

For god's sake. Go to the bank explain what you think might have happened, if you are mistaken, all's good, if you are right and they are 100 short, then give them the 100. The bank will find the mistake themselves and the seller could get into trouble. So just go back and see what the score is. I don't understand why anyone would obsess over something so obvious...

18. Mr. Jiggles

Mr. Jiggles loves your mother.

That's it, I'm calling the Secret Service

19. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    :lolol  :lolol  :lolol 

Honestly, I'd just go to the bank, put $100 into your account, then, if they catch the mistake, they can just take it out of your account, no worries.

That, or give the money to me.

20. Malach Ra

Malach Ra TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    the bank isnt going to do shit to your account, if they have a record of it in the computer and on paper to you, then you paid 600, it doesnt matter if the teller comes up short, if that was the case, everytime a teller comes up short, he would just take away from the people that deposited money that day-hell no., that aint going to happen. plus you dont even know how much you gave them. Just sit tight and stop worrying about it, they are not going to take anything out of your account.