need advice on a tough situation ( involving a girl )

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dragontron88, Apr 11, 2008.

1. dragontron88

dragontron88 Your new Lord, & Master

So, I have been having problems with my mom for a while now with basically everything possible. I would like to get out of the house, and on my own, but do not have the means financially to do so. Especially when I am trying to get back into school. The next best thing is I move out with a close family friends, that are almost like sisters to me, that are basically like family. We have known them for about 12 years. My younger brother and I were in grade school when we met the new girl. We later learned that we all lived in the same apartment complex. We became very close, and hung out with her mom and older sister on the regular. A few years later her mom was diagnosed with Lung cancer. My family was their for them in their time of crisis. We were there with them all of the time helping them care for their mom, naturally we became closer. after a few years of battling out with the cancer, sadly, they lost their mom, and I lost someone who was like a aunt to me. We are still close, and we still talk about everything. The older sister has been trying to convince me to move out of the house into a apartment with them. I can afford to do so, but my problem lays with the younger sister, she is about a year younger than me, and has had my attention for about the past 5 years. In five years I have told her how I feel about her, twice. Twice she has shut me down faster than Chernobyll. I just cant see punishing my self like that. She looks at me like a brother. I look at her like a sister too, but not like in a creepy wierd way, she is like family, but not at the same time if you understand me. I just cant move in, and one day see her with a guy, and be able to controll my self with the situation. I have talked and explained with the older sister, and all she can say is to get over her, but how do you get over someone so close like that. It is a 97% chance I will be moving in with them between may and july. I just need peoples suggestions and opinions on the situation, all of which really are and will be appreciated.

2. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

If she doesn't share your feelings the best thing for you to do is stay away from her.

All you will end up doing is torturing your self.

3. Darkravager

Darkravager Zombie Hunter

D_C speaks truth and reason.

4. aussiehippy

aussiehippy Au contraire, Blackadder.

Ebay:
    Yup, he does.

That would not work out well.

5. Max-prime

Max-prime Supreme-Commander

News Credits:
    the old rock and a hard place and you obviously have to do something. Best I can say is do what's best for you if you HAVE to get out of that house and these girls are your BEST option for that then take it .... Occ. yourself with work/school ,and soon you'll meet someone that take your mind off her.

6. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    3 words: git er done

7. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    aww this thread turned out serious.

but DC is right.

8. Synical

Synical Well-Known Member

Despite what everyone will always tell you, you can't just get over someone. It takes time, and usually time away from that person. I would recommend not moving in. It's been five years and you still have hope, what happens if you have to deal with constantly, every day, and like you said, see her with other guys? It's just not a good idea, it will end badly.

9. Keiichitron

Keiichitron Not a physicist, dammit

Ebay:
    i don't see the hope, considering she's shot him down twice now.

if you have to get out of the house, and this is your only option, move in with them. but i wouldn't bother hanging out with them. spend your time on your own things, work on who you are as a person, then worry about girls.

10. Jeremy.B

Jeremy.B Formerly Leader Blackout TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Well, it has been a while since the obligatory "OMG a girl I'm in love this week help mah out!" thread, and in all honesty, I thought you were the last guy who did this who was really weird and posted some stupid crap.

But after reading your thread you get the benefit of the doubt and you seem sincere. It is a tough situation, but D_C said it the best and simpliest way - stay away from her if you have feelings. I know it sucks but everyone has that one girl they are absolutely head over heels in love with that they can't have for whatever reason, unless my wife asks and then the answer is that she is the only one I have ever wanted.

I wish you the absolute best and hope everything works out for you. You are between a rock and hard place, but try to tackle your living arrangements first, because if you are miserable then you are not going to be comfortable and that will lead to making the wrong decisions. It is hard, but take your emotions out of the equation and make a decision based on facts and what is the best course for you. Then let your emotions back in and work your feelings out. I don't know how old you are, but I found out that a few years after HS, a lot of the girls I liked started liking me when I grew up some, so there is always hope.

And, of course, keep your pimp hand strong...

11. funkatron101

funkatron101 TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Is this really your evil twin brother?

12. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Who has the law of internet advice? Is it Omnius? I love that shit.

And yeah, it's true. But what the hell, here goes:

Stay whereever's cheapest, and finish school. Take care of yourself first, and then...I don't know, do whatever.

13. Jeremy.B

News Credits:
    And keep your pimp hand strong

14. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

Do a barrel roll!

Wait, wrong forum.

You're the only person who can answer this question, ultimately. However, in the long run, you may suffer more being reminded of this girl every day and seeing her with other guys than you will by putting up with your mom awhile longer.

15. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Well, yeah.

I figured that went without saying. :D 

16. Jeremy.B

News Credits:
    well, it should, but this is the internet, so....

17. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Move in, and start showing attention to the older sis. Make your bed, do the dishes- all that crap your mom's probably giving you a hard time about. Once little sis sees your interest lies elsewhere, and that you're a 'keeper,' her interest will turn. This plan CANNOT FAIL!!!

Unless it does, in which case, I hope you know a good cardboard box supply store.

On 2nd though, DC is right. Do that instead.

18. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I'm counting on a thread in 6-9 months about how it didn't work out.

I'll feel bad, but I won't be able to skip it.

19. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

Younger women don't care about keepers yet. They dig assholes who are tall, drive nice cars, and treat them like shit. After they've been sufficiently used, emotionally scarred, and likely been divorced or had a kid or three, then they care about the keepers.

20. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I gotta say do what's best for you. Personally, knowing what I know about the situation, I would say it was to move in with the girls. You'll get bragging rights that you live with a couple of she-women, and that will actually get other girls to be attracted to you. Also, you will be going to school, and NOT living with your Mom, which both things better you overall, and being confident and happy with yourself is a great way to attract a girl, even one who has turned you down. I married a girl who told me in high school that there was no way she'd go out with me. (6 years later)