Need Advice for To-Scale Collection

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by iKavadas, Jan 2, 2009.

1. iKavadas

iKavadas Member

I'm a big fan of the Voyager size toys though a few leader ones aren't too bad and I'm (mostly) trying to stay in the Classics line with this one.

My question is this: Of the Classics line which figures are to-scale with the Magnus/Prime/Nemesis mold?

I have Prime and Magnus, Hot Rod, Ironhide, Hound and Onslaught. They all appear to be roughly in scale with each other.

Aside from repaints/slight mods (such as Ratchet being basically the same mold as Ironhide) what other figures in Classics 2.0 are "to-scale" with the ones I listed?

And last question. Voyager Galvatron; what's the best figure to use a base for a custom with this? I've seen some wicked good ones made out of Energon Megatron but I'm worried he'd be too large. Though that Japanese version which is slightly smaller seems like it might work. The General Supercon Galvatron or something? LOL, I'm sure I butchered that.

2. Bgrngod

Bgrngod Autocon

News Credits:
    Sunstreaker
    Sideswipe
    Prowl
    Silverstreak
    Mirage
    Jetfire
    Hound

All in scale as far as I can tell. If not "in" scale at least close enough. The Ultra class figures seem to be a too bit large if you want in scale stuff only.

3. iKavadas

iKavadas Member

Yeah, I figured most of the civilian vehicle deluxes would be to scale (though not stuff like Starscream or Galvatron, obviously).

I'm guessing a Legends Wheelie would also be to scale, right? Any other legends that would fit?

4. Bgrngod

Bgrngod Autocon

News Credits:
    Beachcomber and Brawn are both great. Again though, not sure about scale issues there. Since they were minibots for G1, I like them a ton as Legends class figures. They seem... perfect?

5. iKavadas

iKavadas Member

Are there any ultra class figures which aren't whacky out of scale with the rest of the crew?

6. Skylock

Skylock Rogue

News Credits:
    Pretty much the cars the Jetfire.

7. stevej

stevej Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I thought about building an "in scale" collection around the Classics cars and the MP Seekers... But I don't like the Classics leaders.

MP Grimlock would then fit into that scale too.