Customs: Need advice for Roadbot/Sideswipe kitbash

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Skeeve, Feb 1, 2007.

1. Skeeve

Skeeve Well-Known Member

Because of some dissatisfacction with the Alternators SS (beer gut and spindle legs), I've decided to make my own using the fairly well-received Roadbots as a base for the figure. However, since the alternators are neither 1:18 nor 1:32 scale, I ordered one of each size from the Roadbots, using what I felt were close to his G1 alt mode or personality.

From the 1:18 scale: [​IMG]

and from the 1:32 scale: [​IMG]

Other than some minor paint applications, the real challenge is finding a similar head to use that won't jive with the transformation or be so out of scale it messes up the proportions. I was thinking of using a Cybertron Primus head for the 1:18 or a Cybertron Hot Shot head for the 1:32, but are there some other good suggestions I may be missing? I also thought of ordering the 1:32 lamborghini Roadbot for its similar alt mode and head sculpt:

[​IMG]

, but it's colored orange, and I'm really not that skilled at doing major paintwork. Plus, condors are stupid.

2. mattarmstrong

mattarmstrong Well-Known Member

I am doing a sideswipe using the 1:18 scale green lamborgini and the ALT head on side swipe fts in scale nicely

3. Skeeve

Skeeve Well-Known Member

Booyakka. Thanks for the heads up. Let me know how that works out for you.

4. mattarmstrong

mattarmstrong Well-Known Member

not a problem I wll let ya know

5. Skeeve

Skeeve Well-Known Member

Any other suggestions? Since the Hummer's delux sized, I may make it into another Sideswipe using Hot Shot's head or an Ironhide using the Scion Alternator's head.