need advice for mp starscream buying

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Magnus12, Nov 26, 2011.

1. Magnus12

Magnus12 Well-Known Member

Hey guys i need some advice.

I really am interested in mp starscream, but I am just a teen so don't have much cash, so he seemed quite expensive. Now with the anouncement with mp-11 starscream, i have seen the price of the mp starscream drop a little compared to before.
    can any experienced collector give me some advice if i should just buy one now, or should i wait till mp-11 comes out?

Thanks!

2. wildfly

wildfly Right notes. Wrong order.

News Credits:
    Wait.

U.S. release of MP11 isn't off the cards yet, but it might be a while.

3. Magnus12

thanks man, the advice means a lot! :D 
    and i really hope for a us release of mp-11 with a tc repaint!

4. FakeEyes22

FakeEyes22 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    As MP-11's release gets closer, you may see a loose MP Starscream with a price that drops close to or under the $60-$70 that the eventual U.S. release will cost.

At that point, you may want to research the differences between the 2 to see which style you prefer and which aspects you're willing to pass on for the better deal.

So, I agree. Wait.

5. Magnus12

thanks!
    I am a (newly) teenage tf fan, but not a very experienced one. No, I was not around in the G1 days, but although I started liking tfs because of the movies, i grew very fond of the G1 transformers. I was impressed with the series (haven't seen movie or season 3-4 yet), the toys, and what I really loved was the masterpiece toys. I am pretty sure i have seen starscream, skywarp, and maybe grimlock around, but never really knew what they were. Luckily my mom got me mp hotrod, and my dad and uncle surprised me with an mp hasbro grimlock they hunted down on ebay 4 90 bucks, and i don't want a repeat of grimlock again considering he wasn't complete. Since I am not a huge hardcore collector i could care less if something is missing peaces, but for 90, i would expect all pieces with a box.
    oh ebay

6. DBarricade

DBarricade General Nutcase

Well all Grimlock really needs is his sword. The rest (the crown and gun) is just gravy.

As for which MP Starscream to get? Either the MP-11 version or the almost inevitable Hasbro version of MP-11. The original has a very hard time not falling over without the aid of the included display stand because of a distinct lack of stable heels. (the thrusters are just slightly too short and the ball joints they're attached to don't help) MP-11 looks like it takes care of that problem and generally seems more accurate to the cartoon.

But the original, while flawed, isn't bad if you really can't wait to get a Masterpiece Starscream. Just be sure to get the display stand as well if you go down that route.

7. FakeEyes22

FakeEyes22 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    As an adult fan who's been into TF's since 1984, with a few breaks here and there, I really should be bored or jaded, although that's happened at times. I've rarely been as excited to be into TFs as I am right now, so I think you picked a good time to jump in. Except for the rising costs of toys and the conversion rates, etc. That part has got to be rough for a teenager.

Something I forgot to mention about MP-11, which is something I'll probably do, is wait for some in-hand reviews in addition to the likely news that he'll be released in the U.S.
    I imagine the toy will be fine, but I like to know what kind of possible defects to expect in something like this.

8. Magnus12

Thanks again for the advice!
    Another thing, I thought I shouldn't make another thread so do u think takara mp rodimus will have another drop in price. Cuz I waz really looking to get him, but i may not be able to come up with the cash.

9. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    I'd wait for a version of MP-11. I've got the G1 Takara version, and MP-11 just looks so much better.

10. wildfly

wildfly Right notes. Wrong order.

News Credits:
    To be blunt. I doubt it.

And unless you buy the revised version released in Sept, you stand a much higher chance of getting a lemon.

Sorry.

11. igniz1984

igniz1984 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hold out for mp11, unless the hip kibble doesn't really bother you on mp3. Also mp11 is not out untill march, so you still have time to save some cash or sell some stuff.

12. Magnus12

Thanks! Although as a teen, I really am not picky about the toys. I definately could deal with issues such as kibble, and stuff like that. :) 

13. comacaz

comacaz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What about the iGear release of starscream? I think that's the same mold as the MP3 only no hip kibble, and those arm communicator things. He's 100 bucks though. Not sure if he will be better than MP3 or not, but MP11 does look pretty sweet.

14. Colonel Muffinz

Colonel Muffinz New Member

I am currently going through the same problem, teen (college), few resources, and realy wanting an MP-SS. Currently the iGear traitor and MP-11 look like the best options, but I realy wish MP-11 came with a damn stand...

15. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The US release of MP Skywarp was clearenced out pretty cheap so it shouldn't cost that much. Pick one of those up while waiting for Starscream.

16. Hellbot

Hellbot Jaeger

Noob question. By US release for MP Starscream do you mean a Hasbro release (like the BotCon reveal of Hasbro's Optimus MP) or simply that the Takara will be available to US retail stores?

17. ex dtw2003

ex dtw2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hasbro release like Botcon reveal of Prime. Takara stuff doesn't get a mass market release in teh states; everything sold here is imported and marked up.

Reasons are for who markets in which territory.