Need advice about buying a car

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by UnicronHound, May 10, 2011.

1. UnicronHound

UnicronHound Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm planning on getting a lead sled and a late 80's/early 90's car(probably a Stang, or Cavalier) and swapping engines, and interior(for the most part). The car I'm I'm thinking about buying is a 1946 Plymouth Special Deluxe. I'm going to see it hopefully over the weekend. I know the interior is f*ed up, I don't care, and I'll need to replace the floor pans, and the truck's floor, again not a problem. The guy says it's beyond restoration, but as long as the sheet metal isn't too bad, some body work is manageable. Does anyone else think it might be worth it? I'm trying to talk the guy down a bit, I'm near the end of my 63 Valiant restoration, and this new car could prove to be harder than the Valiant and it might not be too great of a time just to make it a fun little custom driver.

Last edited: May 10, 2011
  2. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

If you do that kinda stuff, go for it. If you just finished one up, I see no harm in jumping into another.

3. UnicronHound

UnicronHound Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Only problem is I plan on ripping it all the way down and then rebuilding it, hopefully taking no more than 6 months for a "wham, bam, thank you ma'am" type of driver.

4. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

Consider it a challenge budd. It sounds like fun. In my dreams, I would have a car me and my son could learn to work on together. I just dont have the finances.