Customs: Need a name for a fan character for school

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Treadshot A1, Mar 31, 2011.

1. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Or just 'A1' for short...

Argh. Deadlines are so annoying, especially when you have a million and one assignments due. Anyways, every year at school, we have a special day where we fundraise for a special charity (which is sometimes our own school because we...um, like money? :lol ), which is basically an excuse for us all to dress up as stuff, and get out of class.

Being the transformer nut I am, my friends want me to get cracking with a robot costume. I'm loosely basing it off G1 Ironhide, if only because he's a very blocky robot, which is easy as to build. Key word being loosely. I'm keeping the truck window on the front, and the general blockyness of everything, but re proportioning it to fit me. And hopefully have a real head, if I can learn to create such a round shape out of cardboard...

The only problem is, the whole day is supposed to be when we represent our 'houses', ie those random groups schools split you into just to make you hate each other, and that means my whole costume has to be blue, primarily. I'm thinking blue body with black limbs and blue feet, and blue head.

What does one call a blue robot that turns into a van? Preferably something completely unrelated to Ironhide or Ratchet...

P.S. I was going to make G1 Bumblebee at first, but I realised a blue Bumblebee would be Glyph, and I ain't dressing up as a fembot, dammit. :mad 

2. Hooper_X

Hooper_X hi haters

...Why aren't you just dressing as Bluestreak?

3. grimlockprime

grimlockprime Well-Known Member

g1 skids

4. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

Gearbox

Cobalt (if you match the shade of blue)

Cargo

5. Bigbot3030

Bigbot3030 Well-Known Member

That's my vote. It's very simple, and fits into your G1 costume style you talked about.

Randy!

6. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Or just 'A1' for short...

Because he's silver and you know it! :lol 

Nah, its just that I'm trying to avoid any robots where I would have to sculpt a relatively accurate car part. Bluestreak's chest would be too hard to make, given the curves and all the detailing it would need.

Hmm, I need door wings...

Gearbox sounds cool. :) 

7. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Blue.

Dubba dee. Dubba dah.

8. Altitron

Altitron Commercial Artist

Ebay:
    Skids sounds like you had an accident in your Hanes. Go with Gearbox!

- Alty

9. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

This is an obstacle I need to overcome when I get round to making a helmet for my Hallowe'en costume this year (I've started designing it already).

My advice is to build the structure using strips of card, then add the surface with papier maché.

And while I'm coming up blank for names at the mo, I do like Gearbox.