Need a little help with The Flash.

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by jourdo, Jun 28, 2008.

1. jourdo

jourdo TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I'm re-reading The Flash: The Fastest Man Alive trades, and was wondering one thing. What was the point? Why was Bart given the mantle, only to be axed after such a short run? Was Wally always intended to return? All I could find on the internets was that it was an editorial decision. Anyone know a little more?

2. Rodimus Major

Rodimus Major Custom User Title

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I doubt Wally was always intended to return, at least not so quickly. The Bart series stated that the speed force was IN Bart, and it also showed that Wally was spending time on another Earth with Superboy Prime (and Barry and another Jay). But the Wally series said he was just on another planet in the same universe, and him and the twins seemed to have access to the speed force just fine. So it seems to me the whole thing was just and editorial decision that wasn't recieved well, and then they brought back Wally to fix it as quickly as possible.
    This is all IMO of course, from the evidence I've seen.

3. Xcandescent

Xcandescent TRUKKS are the new MUNKYS

It basically boils down to the timing of when they signed Mark Waid to relaunch Flash. I don't recall exactly when that was (spring of last year?), but that and the various teasers of the Bart Flash's death make me think that they'd been planning Bart's death for a while without thinking through the details.

-XCN-