Need a lil help here... (prices)

Discussion in 'Items For Sale or Trade' started by SmokescreenWRX, Sep 28, 2008.

1. SmokescreenWRX

SmokescreenWRX Dude. Wait, what?

Hi all,

I've been searching the board, and I can't seem to find a good spot to gauge prices for my collection (need to sell off my collection to pay for those unexpected expenses).

Is there a specific resource I should look to? I've found Wizard inflates their prices, and I'd much rather start here than ebay.

For instance, I have a X-9 Metals Jaguar, but it's out of the box (I still have the box). I have BW Tripredacus Agent still on the card, and in terrific condition. I also have the Fallen, but the hinges on the treads are loose - they've been like that since it's been out of the packaging.

These are examples, but not all of what I need to sell off. I'd like to be fair about prices, but don't want to get taken.

Thanks for the assist.

2. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ebay works well. search under transformers for the item you are selling and make sure to the left you have "completed auctions" checked. this will give you a range of that item what it sold for and help determine a nice price to sell yours at.

thats what i do. and for that ravage you could fetch 100-150 maybe. most start misb at 150 on ebay.

good luck with your sale.

3. Moroni Prime

Moroni Prime #TFYLP Podcast

News Credits:
    ebay is good to see what people are paying, however because it's a bidding site, the prices aren't all that reliable because they fluxuate greatly, and often.

I have long been a fan of "Lee's Toy Review". They seem to have a pretty solid guide, not too dissimilar from wizard in format.

4. Moroni Prime

Moroni Prime #TFYLP Podcast

News Credits:
    On second thought, I don't know if I would reccomend ebay, but the choice is yours.

5. SmokescreenWRX

SmokescreenWRX Dude. Wait, what?

Thanks MP, I'll start there.
    Deceptigar - I'll try using eBay as a gauge of how well the item may sell (demand), and take pricing with a grain of salt.

Thanks guys!