Customs: Need a Good HOT PINK Spray paint...

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Rod, Dec 25, 2010.

1. Rod

Rod No Silly Robot User Name

So Im working on a custom but I need a good hot pink spray paint. I tried the Tamyia one, but that one comes out really flat. I remember Model Masters Hot Magenta being a great paint but Im living in Japan now and I dont see much MM stuff.

Any Ideas???

2. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

I don't really know spraypaints that well, but what's the colour like on the Tamiya? If the only thing you don't like about it is that it's not glossy enough, then a good clearcoat is all you need.

3. Rod

well the tamiya stuff came out very 'powdery', and had a rough flat finish to it. Def not the bright glossy color I expected. I tried 2 cans and they both came out the same way.

4. C. Wallace

C. Wallace Freelance Artist

Krylon makes a nice hot pink...I cannot recall the name, but I used it when painting some stuff for my daughters room. Check the paint section at your local Walmart...they should carry it, as that is where I picked up mine. They also make an actual florescent hot pink color (Hot Pink Spray Enamel by Krylon/consumer Div - SCS-039 - More Hobby Paint at doitbest.com), but I never used it, so I am not sure just how well it will work for your needs.

5. hXcpunk23

hXcpunk23 The Chaos Bringer

Ebay:
    Not sure if it's the shade you're after, but I picked up a can of Krylon Outdoor Spaces in a pink shade to eventually paint my Animated Arcee in G1 colors. I snagged the spray at Wal-Mart.

6. Rod

Shoot I wish I could hit a walmart, but that like a 10 hour flight

7. hXcpunk23

hXcpunk23 The Chaos Bringer

Ebay:
    They should have it in other areas. Have you checked local hardware stores there? Paint stores? Hope you can find what you need, man.