Customs: Need a G1 Prime template for stickers!

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Methusalen, Dec 16, 2007.

1. Methusalen

Methusalen Not good enough for G1!

News Credits:
    Hello all, I don't know if you all remember me, but I'm (ever so slowly) working on a G1 prime repaint, into my grandfather's old semi, the "Kitty Truck"... While the progress is slow-going (IE- "I haven't been working on it 'cuz I'm lazy, scared, & am waiting on inspiration -Dec0y's Reprolabel set), there is good news! Dec0y's just about completed the Reprolabel set!

Unfortunately, due to circumstances beyond his control, he's lost his G1 Prime! I need your help to create the sticker template, with some sort of reference to scale included! (While it's wonderful to know the correct shape the stickers should be in, making them too big or small would be disastrous!

The importance of the reprolabels are two-fold-
    First of all, I'm a gutless coward, and the only thing I truly have to do for this project is paint the cab orange, and paint/dye the legs/feet/head black... Now, after my "issues" with Armorhide's trailer, I think I have every right to be leery...
    Secondly, the Reprolabels will make it FAR easier for me to do the repaint, since the stripes themselves are all trimmed with black paint, which I'd never be able to do without trying repeatedly with paint. (I guess that also ties into the 'gutless coward' thing too! :D )

Anyways, Dec0y had asked me if I would be able to make a template for the G1 Prime using scotch tape, tracing out the parts, and mailing them to him; but I thought it might be faster if anyone else out there might be able to whip something up & post links to images, instead of having to wait for me to get scotch tape, have the time to do it, & wait for the letter to get to Dec0y's... Any assistance is appreciated, and I thank you all for your time reading this!

Wish me luck!
    -Methsualen

2. Methusalen

Methusalen Not good enough for G1!

News Credits:
    Update (12/19):

Toyed around with a pencil, tape, & permanent markers today... Here's what I came up with so far... (sorry that it's a mess, started tracing the figure on paper; then tracing the pieces onto clear tape).
    [​IMG]
    PM'd Dec0y with the larger version of this picture, will probably mail him out this (or a better version) if he wants it...

Anyways, I'm relatively sure this is what he wanted from me, although he'd probably be happier with a cleaner (more straight-forward) version...