Customs: Need a deviation

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by DanHibiki, May 30, 2009.

1. DanHibiki

DanHibiki Dan Couga Mellencamp

So in all the sculpting and sanding and sculpting and sanding of Energon Menasor, I am starting to get sick of looking at the guy :)  I need a distraction.

A few ideas I am considering and kicking around:

• Classics Puzzler - Two classics prowl/silverstreak molds for rube and zig zag, two sideswipe/sunstreak molds for jig saw and pocket, rodimus mold for tic-tac and someone for crossword. Not leaning towards this one since it would be another gestalt with a lot of engineering and remolding. But I will have to do it at some point. Puzzler is still one of the best combiners ever from any series. Hands down!
    • Classics Action Master Elite Thunder Cracker - Classics Seeker with a cutup F-117A model kit. Another that I will have to do at some time.
    • Energon Turtle Van - Got towline sitting here begging for it. Seems to be the easiest since all it would end up being is a head remold and some vehicle mods here and there. But not as exciting to me as the rest.
    • Energon Prime into some silly sideshow train idea I have. Basically the drones would be redone to look like box cars with sideshow attractions painted on the side and the cab itself would be made to look like a super locomotive. I've been drawing this one a lot recently so it may end up being the one. But it is another that will be a lot of sculpting and work.

Not really sure what I want the results of this thread to be, right now I am just taking a break and taking my mind off of things :p 

2. Boggs6ft7

Boggs6ft7 TFW2005 Supporter

I would go with the Turtle Van, seems simple enough to get your focus away from your current project and will be quick enough that you can return to your project refreshed.

3. DanHibiki

You're probably right. Don't want to start a new "favorite" and have my distraction become my new focus. :) 

4. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
    I like the Action master TC, as long as you don't use the original colors!:lol 

5. DanHibiki

But jets are supposed to be purple, teal, mauve, green, lime, sherbet, lilac, creamsicle colored!!

6. big hank

News Credits:
    True, but only stealth jets like the F-117 Night Hawk!:thumbs2: :lol 

7. DanHibiki

Well, that's what makes it stealth...as long as it flies alongside rainbows...

8. big hank

News Credits:
    :lolol 

9. DanHibiki

So Energon Turtle Van it is! Started the sketching and planning process. Resculpted head, "belt", toes for bot mode. Shell in van mode which end up being shin guards in bot mode.

Doodles:
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

10. MoeSizzlac

MoeSizzlac Newb Customizer

Love the puzzler idea. I'm looking at the old guy right now. One of the major things about him I find incredibly uncomfortable is the police car (the one that makes up the crotch). I mean what's with the size of the nose on that car? He's like the Dirk Diggler of Combiners.