NeckBreaker broke! Need help fixxing

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by MechanovaKing, Mar 8, 2012.

1. MechanovaKing

MechanovaKing Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So my TFC NeckBreaker Broke. (BoneCrusher)

One of the rivets? Popped right out of the center shovel/chest plate.
    I can put it back in. But it pop back out if I move the toy in any way.

Fiddling with it. The it doesn't (or bearly) fits into the grep piston eye-hole.
    I'm thinking i need to press it into the eye-hole on the grey piston?
    But over all; i don't know and I'm asking for help.

(I'm not sure if that is called a rivet. sorry if I'm incorrect)
    (The rivet seem to have a ridged shaft. No jokes on that please)

When I rotate the shovel/chestplate the rivet on the other side (the still intact side). Doesn't move. Which mean that currently the chestplate is rotate on the rivet. So if i superglue it. I may glue solid my bonecrusher.

Should the rivet be frim with the chestplate and rotate when it roates? Or is the chestplate rotating on the rivet as intended?

What should I do to fix this?

Attached Files:

2. autotronprime

autotronprime I like to make cool things!

News Credits:
    Super glue.

3. MechanovaKing

News Credits:
    Sorry, I wasn't very clear; but as i said the rivet and grey piece fit very tightly and don't move, and if i glue the rivet to the shovel/chest; so the rivet doesn't rotate round on the shovel and the rivet won't move in the grey piece. IE the whole thing will be glued solid.

Should i widen the female part of the eye-hole on the grey piece to allow the rivet to rotate? And if so how do i go about doing that?

4. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

Use a toothpick or something to put the glue in the hole the rivet came out of of. Make sure to wipe away any stray glue, that gets outside of that hole. Then, put everything back together. You can move the joint around, until the glue dries, of you want. Just make sure to keep pressure on the rivet, to keep it in place, while you're doing that.

5. MechanovaKing

News Credits:
    I've had two people tell me to super glue the Rivet(Blue) to the Shovel(Green). I'm worried that if i do that the whole thing will be locked.
    So explain to my caveman brain what I'm not understand.

Blue=Rivet
    Purlpe= Grey postion bit
    Green= shovel/chest plate

The Rivet(Blue) and the GreyPostion(Purple) fix really tight. So there's no rotating there.
    If I Glue the Rivet(Blue) to the Shovel(Green) those won't be able to rotate? right?

Attached Files:

6. DBarricade

DBarricade General Nutcase

I've checked my Neckbreaker, and the rivet thingies don't move at all with the blade when I move it. You should be fine with just gluing it back in, so long as no glue winds up on the inner part of the assembly.

7. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    Wait, didn't you break another already? Or is it the same figure and the same problem?

It was this one, right?

8. DBarricade

DBarricade General Nutcase

No, that one is Exgraver the excavator. This one is Neckbreaker the bulldozer.

Still, this guy and luck do not seem to be on speaking terms with this set, which does suck.

9. MechanovaKing

News Credits:
    That's me! Two brakes on two different toys in a super short time. I'm super pissed. That one you linked broke cause i was transforming it as intended, Rotating the shoulder around. You want know how this one broke? I was moving Devastator's arm/BoneCrusher as a whole, not even touching the shovel or pistons. I was holding him by the body section. And POP! this things fire outs and hit my computer screen.

I've also tired to contact TFC over this with no luck. Someone on the forum said he tired to contact them for me. Cause he somehow was working with them...Anyways he never got back to me ether. So i guess TFC doesn't really care about custom service on this side of the earth.

Sorry for the vent but I'm so mad over this whole thing.

Funny thing...All the common problem everyone else had. I didn't get. Still got Exgraver first shovel and LongHauls first hips, glasses fit just fine on NeckBreaker, no stress marks when putting in Structors grey plugs, can balance my Devastator's on MadBlender's knee joint didn't need to open him up.