NeckBreaker broke! Need help fixing

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by MechanovaKing, Mar 8, 2012.

1. MechanovaKing

MechanovaKing Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So my TFC NeckBreaker Broke. (BoneCrusher)

One of the rivets? Popped right out of the center shovel/chest plate.
    I can put it back in. But it pop back out if I move the toy in any way.

Fiddling with it. The it doesn't (or bearly) fits into the grep piston eye-hole.
    I'm thinking i need to press it into the eye-hole on the grey piston?
    But over all; i don't know and I'm asking for help.

(I'm not sure if that is called a rivet. sorry if I'm incorrect)
    (The rivet seem to have a ridged shaft. No jokes on that please)

When I rotate the shovel/chestplate the rivet on the other side (the still intact side). Doesn't move. Which mean that currently the chestplate is rotate on the rivet. So if i superglue it. I may glue solid my bonecrusher.

Should the rivet be frim with the chestplate and rotate when it roates? Or is the chestplate rotating on the rivet as intended?

What should I do to fix this?

Attached Files:

2. Gundamben831

Gundamben831 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    what I would suggest if you have any crazy glue just put a little on the tips of the metal rivets but make sure not to get any glue on the grey plastic because you need to make sure that part doesn't get glued to the shovel.

3. MechanovaKing

News Credits:
    Sorry, I wasn't very clear; but as i said the rivet and grey piece fit very tightly and don't move, and if i glue the rivet to the shovel/chest; so the rivet doesn't rotate round on the shovel and the rivet won't move in the grey piece. IE the whole thing will be glued solid.

Should i widen the female part of the eye-hole on the grey piece to allow the rivet to rotate? And if so how do i go about doing that?

4. Gundamben831

Ebay:
    you could use a small drill bit and hand drill the hole or if you have a very small file possibly, but what i was trying to get across is that you want the metal rivet to be glued to the black shovel and not glued to the grey piston would maybe be the only way to fix it.

After examining mine I did notice that the grey piston is connected to the metal rivet and moves separate from the black shovel as if the rivet is glued to the grey piston and rotates on the black shovel which is confusing how they designed it that way

5. MechanovaKing

News Credits:
    Ah yes. See that's what worrying me. That rivet is really in there.
    So with that said....
    You idea of gluing the rivet to the shovel isn't/is a good idea?

I figured The hand drill i figure the drill in my only option. I'm hoping someone has a better idea. Cause i find the word drill and toy don't go together well.

6. Gundamben831

Ebay:
    well if your sanding or making the piston rivet area a little wider for the rivet to move more freely I would go with my suggestion of only gluing the rivet to the black shovel and not the grey piston that way you will still have movement in the shovel and it will stay in one piece with the rivets glued to the back shovel there really isn't anywhere for the pistons to be separated from the shovel again.

7. MechanovaKing

News Credits:
    Ya. The more i think about it. And the other options i think of. Your's is the best way.

But man...I'm scared ill drill a hole through the piston or crack it. Have you done something like this before? Could you tell me how'd you set up for minimum destruction?

8. Gundamben831

Ebay:
    tape the piston down on a piece of wood or a surface that you can drill through and then do it very slowly just to ensure that you won't crack the plastic. remember the slower the better because any rapid or fast movement could make the piston ring snap. I have had similar experience with some of my gundam kits and let me tell you the plastic on those kits are no where near the quality of these third party TF's so you have that much insurance to count on.

9. MechanovaKing

News Credits:
    "Drill through"
    That's a new problem now: I can't drill right through the thing. There's an innering 'wall' separating the inside of the eye-hole. I need to widen only half the eye-hole on the one side. And drill bits are normally tapered on the end which will cut into the eye-hole-wall right? Or is that something i don't have to worried about?
    (Looking for some drill bits right now.)

Attached Files:

10. UNICRON-WMD

UNICRON-WMD SOUL MACHINE TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just hold the rivet in the gray piece and put crazy glue on the rivet's shaft. Let it dry, then add a little more the attach it to the black blade piece This will help make a tight fit and more of a permanent fix.

11. MechanovaKing

News Credits:
    Gluing the shaft into the shovel/chest will still allow it to rotate?

12. blueben

blueben Holocaust

News Credits:
    I put nail polish to fill up the hole in the black piece, insert the rivet. Let it dry a day.
    Till now it is moveable and never came out.

13. MechanovaKing

News Credits:
    This happened to you as well?
    How'd you get your (not a revit) PRESURE SCREW into the grey-piston's eyehole. For me it's super tight i can't do it by hand. I'm going to use my vice when the time comes.

14. blueben

blueben Holocaust

News Credits:
    I used a clamp. It's not as super tight as before, but still good enough.

15. blueben

blueben Holocaust

News Credits:
    I mean teeth to bite follow by clamp. :wink: 

16. MechanovaKing

News Credits:
    It doesn't sound like the best solution. But it does sound like the least invasive. I would like to hear more people ideas/fixes. But I'm going to try that one first and see if it breaks again. (I personally think it will, here's hoping I'm wrong)

Now, for the future. If this does pop out again. And i need to use a different method. Could I use nail-polish-remover to empty out the nail polish in the Peg/hole on the shovel?
    Or would that eat the plastic or something?

17. aptkane

aptkane PaxCybertron

Ebay:
    Just as a follow up, this just happened to me. I was building Devastator and the rivet fell out of Bonecrusher. I'm going to do what I always do, use Super Glue as a tightening agent as suggested above.

18. seali_me

seali_me Well-Known Member

I just glued the pin/screw with the gray part.