NECA or SOTA Street Fighter Akuma?

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Nemesis251, Aug 15, 2011.

1. Counterpunch?

Counterpunch? Interior Renovator

Ebay:
    SOTA technically released three different Akuma figures, four if you want to count deco too.

The first was a blue (ish) gi Akuma in the Third Strike style (rope belt, sandals) done in Round 4 of their line.

The second was a black gi Akuma in the Alpha style (traditional belt, no sandals) done in Round 4 of their line.

The third was a revision to the Third Strike style for their Revolution line. It was the rope belt with sandals, blue gi version with a newly molded gi top that was hanging off his waist. This Akuma has a new head sculpt and new hand sculpts.

The 4th version is a revision and a mix from what I remember. It has an altered kanji on his back (no longer "heaven" but rather "destruction" if I remember correctly), sandals, and a traditional belt. There are two versions of this, one shortpacked at retail, the other exclusive to their site.

The various Akumas are all in here, except maybe the Revolutions one. My opinion? The High Dream Akuma is very weak by comparison. The PAK Akuma is awful so far and the NECA one is the worst. Picture dump incoming:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sweet pictures, dude. IMO SOTA was the best action figure at that time - based on the sculpt, articulation and QC as say compared to Toy Biz ML.

I really loved the TB MLs but some of them were too multi jointed for my liking and I always felt that SOTA managed to balanced the articulation and sculpting pretty well for its price point.

3. Counterpunch?

Counterpunch? Interior Renovator

Ebay:
    Agreed. With few exceptions, the line was outstanding under Jerry's direction.