nebular starscream aka the mint icecream screamer bot

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by DarthMagnificus, Feb 23, 2010.

1. DarthMagnificus

DarthMagnificus Banned

did a form search, no post so here it is....he is all kinds of neat...nice darker plastic used for the main body...the sigils however painted on him...with him next to SDCC nemesis prime...appear to be the same blue color used on nemesis prime....so go figure...maybe hasbro got a sale price like the allspark blue color they used in mass....

mold is not as good as the TFTM starscream seeker mold...the newer mold seems more spindly and more looking like a dorrito chip with limbs....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

using these from KOTOYS.com as a reference as my camera is not working right now....

one thing that i love on the nebular screamer...his cannons are actually painted on his arms...unlike the starscream mold from ROTF...so it actually brings nice highlight and contrast to the fact that he has other weapons aside from his missles....

2. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i have had this guy in my hands already too and i do like the painted canons.

but since i have also had the leader sized starscream in my hands, i can not stand this mold anymore!

3. DarthMagnificus

DarthMagnificus Banned

yeah, i am not really a fan of this mold at all...i wanted to complete all the decepticon jets(seekers) from all the 3 movies...and so i had to get him...i love the idea of the repaint...just wish they had used the mold that all the other original seekers used...skywarp, ramjet , tc, etc....

it pisses me off that dirge and thrust got made into deluxe sized planes..WTF hasbro?

anyway i do like the darker plastic color though...

4. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    the only movie mold i have seen but not bought outside of the scout and legend class (cutting back)

would you recomend him to someone who doesnt have the mold?

5. hotrod422

hotrod422 Well-Known Member

I'll pass.

6. jametron

jametron Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE! Taste Kittens…

News Credits:
    Wow, that's ugly as all get out.

7. knoted

knoted Resistor Transistor

News Credits:
    I disagree. I think this is the BEST mold for him. I despise the 2007 mold, for its jetbrick shape.

A bit of a shame the nebular tattoo's are more greenish than blue, since
    I'm not really fond of green. The overal dark tan plastic looks great though.

The silver gatling guns are a nice touch. Too bad this one is a bit hard to get by over here where I live, and that's an understatement.

8. Houndvoice

Houndvoice Well-Known Member

Pass on teal-silk-jammy Starscream.

9. tf7

tf7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:

:rock  QFT

Though not many would approve :p 

10. fateastray

fateastray AnakRepublikMalukuSelatan

I also read someone found Scout Brakedown in Rotterdam, so I searched high and low locally, but I can't find him. I hate this place. -_-

11. DarthMagnificus

DarthMagnificus Banned

yeah...i gave up trying to get it at the K-mart here and went with the BBTS order option....the fun of trying to get a TF that is exclusive to a store that never stocks anything that is exclusive to it's stores :crazy: 

this kmart here never ever has gotten the 2nd exclusive set of minicons...i saw one set 1 time of the first set of 12 minicons....2 years after they released to market :crazy: 

12. DarthMagnificus

DarthMagnificus Banned

this version...yes...the original starscream is too light in my opinion and others have had issues with the black sigils wearing off very easily as posted in other threads on the boards...

13. knoted

knoted Resistor Transistor

News Credits:
    True, it's ' unfair ' to all of us in so many ways ; I'm in Euroland...but now I could... get it online at a premium price + shipping costs, instead of not not having a chance at all since there's no Kmart here at all.

Side effect is that Americans can barely find it in their Kmarts...

14. jametron

jametron Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE! Taste Kittens…

News Credits:
    Oh, I love the mold... I just don't care for the deco at all.

15. NCStarscream

NCStarscream Me Grimlock cute

News Credits:
    First of all, I want it and I like the mold - although it looks like it'll be vastly outshone by the Leader, this is a huge step up from the 07 one in my opinion, primarily due to the arms.

More importantly, though, has anyone in America seen the figure at retail yet?

16. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    Can you post comparison pics?

17. Matt Booker

Matt Booker Fantasy Adventure Author

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I saw them at K-Mart tonight for voyager price.

Would've looked much nicer in black, I think. The milk chocolate brown wasn't enough of a good contrast to the tattoos. It didn't look bad, mind you. It was kind of... pleasant. But still made me wonder why they didn't do black.

~Matt Booker

18. Powersa

Powersa Car Robots

News Credits:
    Maybe at sale price

19. Rover

Rover Member

Having passed up the regular deco, I decided to pick up this one and I generally quite like it. His plane mode is nice and thin with very little kibble. His arms are a bit weird in that the elbows bend in only 1 way with his wrists being fixed, and the legs only swivel at the hips and the ankles with his knees being kinda static. It limits his poses but not too badly. The deco looks a lot better than the original: the teal looks fantastic in the sunlight. Overall I'm quite happy with him as he fits in great with Voyager Prime and Megatron and looks quite unique.

20. closetrat

closetrat Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Maybe they did this to give fans an option of which one they wanted to rub the tattoos off of - to get two color options for the the jet...

Or, you could always use the mint tattoos as a template & paint over them with black, then cover it with a sealant...