NCAA Football 2010 Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Omegatron, May 19, 2010.

1. SCPrime

SCPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I agree TCU should join the Big 12. But well the Big 12 needs 2 schools to be the Big 12 again so it should be TCU and Houston.

2. Jeremy.B

Jeremy.B Leader Blackout LIVES!!!

News Credits:
    TCU - wont happen, TV market isnt big enough.

Boise State jumped the gun WAAAAY to early.

They shoulda grabbed Utah.

Arkansas won't leave the SEC - where they get an even piece of a very large pie - to go be Texas's bitch and get a lot less money. Only way that happens is if the Big whatever changes their payout options, but Beebe and UT won't ever let that happen.

I would wager that Memphis will end up joining them (if they don't hop to the big east). Hell, Big XII should look at Cincinnati, IMO.

3. ian5555

ian5555 Well-Known Member

TCU and Houston bring nothing to the Big 12 in terms of $$ and that is where it is all at so I doubt that will happen.

I think the Big 12 is fine though. Losing the Championship game kinda sucks but Nebraska is not Nebraska of old and prolly never will be so I'm not too worried about that. Big 12 is still top to bottom the 2nd best conference argueably as they really didn't lose much and 8/10 teams are usually top 25 contenders every year.

4. SCPrime

News Credits:
    There are some teams in the Big 12 right now that don't offer much in the Big 12 either. But collectively, having 12 teams gives you a conference champ game which can generate money. That's what TCU and Houston can bring. That conference champ game is why the Big 10 and Pac 10 wanted to expand to at least 12 teams.

5. koh4711

koh4711 King of Hearts

Ebay:
    During the NBA Finals, our sports station was airing commercials from some car dealership laughing at the demise of the Big 12. The lesson learned here? Wait until the ink is dry on something before mocking it.

As a Sooner, it's really weird to think the rivalry with Nebraska is over. Things change, but I remember when the Texas and Nebraska games were just huge here. At least we still have Texas... there was talk for a while OU might head to the SEC when this all got started, and nothing would've been stranger than OU-Texas being a memory.

6. SCPrime

News Credits:
    I don't see why OU and NU can't schedule out of conference home and homes. USC and ND does it every year. Miami and Florida St. does it almost every year for awhile now. Colorado vs Colorado St.

7. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    But it'll be fun to watch the Buckeyes kick some Cornhusker ass, right?

8. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Fixed:thumbs2: 

9. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Re-fixed. ;) 

10. Tenebrouser

Tenebrouser Craft...or is it crap?

Maybe they can squeeze that in between their asskickings of Ohio U. and Eastern Michigan......

11. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Can't we just make everybody happy and get Florida to hire Tebow to sit on the bench and cry each December as Bama heads to yet another BCS Title Game?
    (Lord, i know it's wrong to find joy in another's misery, but watching that boy cry feels good.)

really, you think he's not going to need the money soon after the NFL's finest defensive linemen make him their bitch?

With all this talk of conference hopping and deals, can any of you point out teams that will eventually be the red-headed stepchild of College Football? the teams that will get hosed or left out of the real money?
    just wondering who's going to be crying about not getting a slice of the pie soon.

12. Jeremy.B

News Credits:
    Boise State. Can you say jumping the gun?

13. Jeremy.B

News Credits:
    USC athletics director apologizes to UA for Dillon Baxter claims | al.com

He has no intention of pursuing this matter? Seriously? Congrats, USC fans, your athletic director is an arrogant prick. I hope ya'll get rid of him soon, he is nothing but trouble; you guys deserve better.

14. SCPrime

News Credits:
    I’ve already accepted the fact that USC will be no good for the next few years. I’m all for rebuilding USC from the ground up (or in this case from the top down) by getting rid of the top man Garrett. He hasn't done anything for the USC football (as an AD) except hire some poor coaches. Pete Carroll was his only good hire and Carroll actually fell in Garrett's lap because no other coach wanted the USC head coach job except Carroll.

15. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    just reading that USC apologized for something was a joy to behold.
    USC apologizing to Alabama?

Priceless.

now they have a lot more apologizing to do before they can rebuild their rep.
    wish they'd get it over with.

16. chrisr291

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I hope so too but USC has to put fires out 1 at a time.

I wonder how much this photo had to do with the Punishment
    [​IMG]

That is (former) Running backs coach Todd Mcnair with the Reggie Bush agents. Ouch....

I wish the best for USC. They have always been my favorite college team and I hope this doesn't send them back into the Hackett era:eek: 

17. chrisr291

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  18. SCPrime

News Credits:
    It was only a matter of time. Good riddance.

USC is voluntarily sending back Bush's Heisman to the Heisman committee. The committee didn't ask for it back. Which means the Heisman Bush has is still kept by him unless he decides to also send it back or the committee requests he sends it back. USC is also taking down the big #5 Jersey from the Coliseum.

In other news, Florida is being looked at for some agent gifting ($100,000) to a player...

19. chrisr291

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ok, I just saw it on Sportscenter that they had to remove all that stuff because of the NCAA punishment. However, I think the new AD said it was the Presidents idea to ship the Heisman back.

Well, time heals all wounds. If Michigan can invite the Fab 5 back, one day, Reggie Bush will be back on campus. So how much money did he take again? 20, 30 Grand plus a car with rims.

20. Leadfoot

Leadfoot The Strongest.

I don't know why I find myself so giddy over Bush losing the heisman and being disgraced, other than the fact that I resent USC and their success. Mostly because they play a different brand of football than the truly elite teams (all of which are in the south) and when all your opponents are also "football lite", rising to the top isn't so tough and winning a championship is only as tough as your championship game opponent in a single game to decide it all.

I also bristle at the seriously considered notion that they are the greatest football dynasty of all time, both for the reasons mentioned above and because my FSU Seminoles were more prolific in the mid to late 90's, the only difference being the final scores of the numerous championship games they played in. Combine that with the fact that the Noles had to face the true monsters of the sport year in and year out, still making it to the big game, and well... 90's noles against USC of several years ago, FSU pounds them in the ass every time, hands down no contest.