NBA 2016-2017 Season

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Razerwire, Jun 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starfire22

Starfire22 :D

News Credits:
    Agreed.

Though, if he still cannot get the Finals trophy, i cannot say it was a good first year. Good personal improvment yes, but from a much broader perspective, in that quest for a finals victory, it has potential to be a failure.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Veteran

News Credits:
    Well, as last year proved for the Warriors, anything short of hoisting the trophy is a failure.

Even going 73-9. I may not agree with that sentiment but ask any player on that team and they'll tell you it was a failure.

But on the flip side, if the Warriors don't win it all this year despite it being a "learning curve" year, I can't imagine the next season when the team actually gels.

I personally don't expect them to win it all this year. There are still some questions that need to be addressed. But having a core of KD, Steph, Klay and Draymond with ownership constantly trying to better the team and willing to spend, it makes the championship window that much wider.

I mean, what team out there wouldn't be happy to land Kevin Fricken Durant as a consolation prize?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Starfire22

News Credits:
    Immediately after posting that, i remembered the first year of the 'Big Three' Miami Heat team that lost to Dallas, and came back to win against San Antonio (or maybe it was OKC, cannot remember the year)the following year. So, history is on their side.

Plus, they do have a wide window, you are right. This team has the potential to win more than that big three squad. No doubt.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Razerwire

News Credits:
    Miami definitely had more issues with the learning curve than what the Warriors are currently going through. Integrating KD to the Warriors offense isn't much of an issue since their style fits KD perfectly.

The Warriors bench has taken much longer to settle as opposed to getting KD familiar with the offense. But now the bench is finally showing signs of potential and it's led to far more success for the Warriors in the recent months.

• Like Like x 1
  5. JaZzPrImE74

JaZzPrImE74 Sub to my YT Supreme J

News Credits:
    Saying the warriors won't win this year with how the cavs are playing and the Spurs filled with old players is being straight up delusional. The warriors would have to choke like never before to truly not win the chip this year. And I mean worse then blowing a 3-1 lead.

6. Starfire22

News Credits:
    What is worse than blowing a 3-1 lead? 4-0 sweep?

You really need to stop cherry picking comments by the way. Using sentences taken out of context and ignoring what else was said is irresponsible. I am not getting on to you, mind you, but rather am trying to educate you since you are too young, and need to learn these things.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Razerwire

News Credits:
    There literally is a laundry list of past teams that were "supposed to win" and didn't, youngblood.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Razerwire

News Credits:
    Jesus. Denver can't miss from three. Absolutely destroying the Warriors.

9. Razerwire

News Credits:
    With tonight's loss, the Warriors have matched the total losses of last season and there's still the entire second half of the season left to play.

Goes to show how special 73-9 was. :/

10. Razerwire

News Credits:
    Golden State has now lost nine games, the same amount they lost all of last year. Steve Kerr: "Well, I guess we have to go 27-0."

:lol 

11. JaZzPrImE74

News Credits:
    Absolutely pathetic of the warriors tonight. This should have been a walk in the park. I take back what I said. There's no way warriors making it past the Spurs getting blown out my the nuggets.

Pathetic.

12. Starfire22

News Credits:
    To be fair, i don't think anybody saw this coming. Especially when even Denver sat players out.

13. Razerwire

News Credits:
    Nuggets hitting 24 3s and tying the league record for most 3s made in a game against the best 3PT defending team is an abberation.

14. Transmetal

Transmetal Well-Known Member

Not that you guys care but I found out that the T-Wolves will be getting a new logo and new jerseys for next season. I hope it's not a drastic change like when the Kentucky Wildcats decided to ditch their mean as hell wildcat to that crappy ghost looking thing they have now. I like both the main and secondary logo the wolves had, the jerseys weren't great besides the black one. Supposed to feature lime green, Navy and grey. It's kinda funny how many redesigns of the same jersey they've done since Love was here. Maybe its gonna coinside with the Target Center getting revamped but it seems like a waste, if they were good they probably wouldn't have to change it up all the time. And I pray to the Matrix that it doesn't have shitty company logos all over it.

Best jersey we ever had was (I still have my Nike swingman) was the black one with the green tree trim, it actually said Timberwolves on it, that needs to make a comeback, either Timberwolves or T-Wolves on one of the jerseys. Although I do like the black one we have now as well, just don't like the sleeves.

15. Chris James

Chris James Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2017
  16. Razerwire

News Credits:
    Oooh, liking the Ibaka trade to TOR. Hope they make the Cavs road just a bit more bumpy.

Wonder if LeBron is like "damn, we should've traded Love for Melo." :lol 

17. Starfire22

News Credits:
    Probably. Love would've been a good fit in NY.

18. JaZzPrImE74

News Credits:
    Ibaka to the raptors is HUGE! I'm taking the raptors to make it to the finals now. I feel like the cavs will have a losing record from now to the time love comes back. And I think the raptors now have a big piece of the puzzle to compete with the cavs

19. Janitor

Janitor Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Love the Ibaka trade, pretty much whom we coveted even before the season started and exactly what we need right now. All we had to give up was T-Ross + a 1st round pick.

Look, I'm hopeful for the Raps as much as ANYBODY but I don't know if you've watch this team as of late during their recent slide. Raps currently sit as the 5th seed in the East and one player's not gonna turn things around overnight. Still a steep hill to climb, last I checked Cavs were still the defending champs (K-Love or no K-Love) and they still got that LeBron guy.

20. Razerwire

News Credits:
    KD is the first player to reach 100 3s and 90 blocks before the all star break.

That's unreal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.